"Of Boromir and Trealyn" A Series Of Drabbles

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Onomir
Site Admin

"Of Boromir and Trealyn" A Series Of Drabbles

Post by Onomir » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am

The following are drabbles of various lengths that were written from August 26 2006 up to today July 16, 2009. They are concerning Boromir and his maid Trealyn.

This story follows the book story line to a point, dates and such, but focuses on a sub-plot of a love affair between said characters.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I and others who have watched it develop over the years.

I offer for your reading pleasure;

“Of Boromir and Trealyn”

"The Pool" Part I
(Gondor June 3017)
by Onomir

The pool was fed by rain, gathered in the cistern, and cascaded over the end of the marble slough creating a waterfall.
Boromir found its chill refreshing on the hot summer evenings after drilling troops and riding practice.
His maid Trealyn had laid out fresh linens and a tunic for him to wear at supper with his father and the captains.
The pool was almost hip deep, but standing under the shower, Boromir found it quite cleansing.
Trealyn often joined him, scrubbing his back and helping him dress.
“Master must you leave?” She asked.
“Not tonight.” He whispered, embracing her.

"The Eyes Of A Child" Part II
(Gondor August 3017)
By:Onomir

Trealyn giggled as Boromir dressed. Pulling on his tunic his head stuck in a sleeve as he tugged and began to laugh himself realizing his mistake.
She leaped from his bed, “Allow me Bory.” Trealyn spoke softly as she took the garment.
“I beg you. Please stop calling me that. You make me feel like a child.” Boromir smiled.
“Does it not please you Bor-o-mir to be as a child? To laugh? To love?” Trealyn embraced his bare shoulders and back.
“It does, when I’m with you.” Boromir whispered, and twirled them both back upon the bed, kissing and laughing.

"Strawberries and Cream" Parts III & IV (Being Two Parts of A Whole)
(Gondor September 3017)
By: Onomir

“Strawberries” Part III
“What has kept my son from breakfast this morn?” Denethor grumbled.
“Forgive me father but I had the most wonderful dream.” Boromir lied, but his smile and red cheeks betrayed him.
“And did this dream keep you from supper and your Captains last evening as well!” Denethor’s tone had no humor to be found in it.
Boromir did not like being put on display. He sat at his father’s right hand and began to eat the last few strawberries left for him.
“How can my General be so easily disarmed? She must be beautiful.” Denethor whispered.
“A dream.” Boromir admitted.

“And Cream” Part IV
Trealyn was two hours late to the Creamery after straightening Boromir’s quarters. She begged pardon but the smile on her face and the blush in her cheeks betrayed her.
“Late again I see, was it not your fault, and all your Masters, that you leave us shorthanded this morn?” Ardor questioned sternly.
“Pardon milady, I was delayed at no one’s fault but my own.” Trealyn offered and turned to attend a butter churn.
Ardor knew better than delve further, but scolded, “I don’t wish to have to speak to your Master.”
“Again, pardon milady.” Trealyn begged, smiling as she churned.

"Hope Blooms" Part V
(Gondor, May 3018)

April showers brought May flowers, and hope bloomed, in the White City.
Boromir daily trained with his troops, for the orcs were threatening the eastern lands. But evenings he spent in the arms of Trealyn and they began to plan a future.
“Your father will disapprove and I feel your brother will aid him.” Trealyn said as she sat on him rubbing his back in bed.
“My will is my own and my Father knows how much you mean to me. Faramir may be jealous but it will pass.” Boromir moaned as Trealyn pressed harder.
“I love you.” She whispered.

"Hope Fades" Part VI
(Gondor, June 3018)

“Stay in your room. I’ll return or send word to you as I may. Should you receive ill tidings there is a scroll sealed in my desk, give it to my father.” Boromir kissed her and left.
Trealyn’s room was small and was connected to Boromir’s by a short corridor and anti-chamber. There it was that she had his meals waiting for him when he returned from his daily routine. But the routine was broken this day.
Boromir had joined the army in Osgilith to repel the enemies of Gondor.
Trealyn watched the fires, as her hope faded, and wept.

"The Errand" Part VII
(Gondor July 4th 3018)
By Onómir

Trealyn couldn’t contain her excitement as she ran from the Creamery up to the Sixth Street apartments where Boromir was waiting for her. The court Page insisted she’d hurry.
She almost ran passed Boromir as she bolted through the Fifth Street gate.
“Darling!” She shouted and hurriedly corrected herself, “My Lord, I came as quickly as I could, are you leaving again?” Trealyn asked.
Boromir calmly set down his bedroll, taking Trealyn into his arms. She was enveloped by his fur robe and held him tightly as she began to tremble.
“Yes my love.” Boromir whispered, “On a long errand.”

"Heartbreak" Part VIII
(Gondor July 4th 3018)
By Onómir

“I want you to keep your apartment and mine until I return.” Boromir’s whisper played through Trealyn’s hair.
“I can’t bear this.” She began to whimper.
“Courage my love, father would have me seek council for the war. I cannot refuse him and you shall have Faramir to turn to for comfort whilst I am away.” Boromir’s voice was stern yet comforting.
“My heart is breaking Bory. I feel a deep dread overshadowing your going. Oh my love.” Trealyn tiptoed to kiss him and ran up the street, one hand over her face, the other holding the child within her.

"Glad Tidings" Part IX
(December 25th 3018)
By Onómir

“Trealyn!” Faramir called, running in search of his ward. He was out of breath when he saw her at the far end of the hallway. She was leaving the privy and clothed in her dressing gown.
“Hello brother. Is something amiss?” She was showing her pregnancy more these days, being seven months along with Boromir’s child.
“Nay milady, news of Boromir!” Faramir bowed, and then impulsively embraced her in his excitement. “Messengers bring news that Boromir passed through the Rohan safely and reached Imladris near October's end.
“He is safe.” Trealyn sighed. “If only he’d return before his child arrives.”

"An Old Day, A New Life" Part X
(Gondor February 26, 3019)
By Onómir

The darkness over the land mirrored her heart, and her hopes of Boromir’s return.
The edge of the cloudbank was moving west, obliterating her favorite constellations as it marched from the land of Mordor.
All who knew tried to encourage her that Boromir would return in time to be with her before his child would come forth, but the child would not wait. Children said when the time was right, and this child was ready.
Trealyn knew the Steward was excited, though said nothing openly.
The evening of February 26, 3019 hard labor began.
Their son was born that night.

"The Stone Gathers Moss" Part XI
(The Old Forest, November 3, 3019)
By Onómir

“Hi dillio hey dillie come quick Goldberry, hey dillio hi dillie lo comes an Istari.” Tom Bombadil waved his yellow hat as Gandalf breached the path through the old forest leading to Tom’s home.
“Well met old friend.” Gandalf said, and dismounting Shadowfax, he bowed low before Tom.
“Well met indeed young Mithrandir, come, come, let's rest by the fire where you can unburden yourself of all that you carry, within.” Bombadil winked, whistled like a bird, as he led Galdalf from the misting November skies, and into the warm well lit house.
“Thank you, my lord.” Gandalf answered reverently.

November 9th 3019

“Is there no more to tell of young Fangorn and the Ents Mithrandir? I would hear more of their council and war upon Sauron’s minions.” Bombadil asked as Goldberry filled their wooden mugs with mead.
“I’ve told all I know, twice, and beg that you would fulfill my request. Intercede with Ulmo and Manwe for the fallen one.” Gandalf asked for the sixth time.
“Many fell that deserve life Mithrandir and you knew it had to be. He was chosen. He was given the dream. He fought the good fight; shouldn’t he rest in Manwe's realm with his father?”
“Goldberry my precious, would you be so kind?” Bombadil whispered his request.
“When the sky kisses the dell with rain and the brook beckons to the river, then shall my song reach the sea, and my Father’s ear.” Goldberry smiled, and thunder rolled across the valley.
The night was shaken and its darkness rent by a storm provided by and for the Valar. Gandalf had not slept since leaving the hobbits on the rode the last of October, and now he felt a veil upon his being. He slept and he dreamt what the Valar revealed to him of Boromir's fate.

"Silver Trumpets" Part XII
(Gondor December 1, 3019)
By Onómir

Heralds arrive at the gates of Minas Tirith bringing the news; Boromir comes forth!
What has kept him from us through these evil times?
Was it not said that Boromir was dead? Did the Halflings not tell of it?
From whence and how soon does he come?
How shall he endure the loss of his father?
Does he know of the King and the Queen?
Does he know he has a child?
What glad tidings and rejoicing!
Has Trealyn heard the news?
The trumpets sound upon the ramparts!
He Returns!
Boromir, son of Denethor, approaches!
Open the gates!
Boromir lives!

"Rescued" Part XIII
(Minas Tirith December 1, 3019)
By Onómir

Boromir was silent as he made way through the crowd of well wishers, took some hands in friendship, making good time up the levels of the city until the third gate.
Trealyn met him there with their son in a sling astride her right hip. Boromir didn’t recognize her at first among the crowd until she called out to him.
“Bory!” She tried to call, but the words caught in her throat. “Bory! Bory my love!” She reached out as the words reached his heart.
He stopped, turned, saw her, and gasped. “Trealyn?” Boromir’s lips trembled as his mind reeled. “Trealyn!” he yelled and opened his arms to embrace her.
The crowd joined in the meeting by chanting and cheering as they kissed.
“I feared I would never see you again when I heard the news in Dol Amroth of the war, and who is this?” Boromir was smiling as Trealyn offered the child before him.
“This is your child Boromir, your son. I named him Barahir, after the ancient one who rescued Finrod the High Elf, because this child rescued me from despair.” Trealyn embraced him and wept with joy.
“A son, my son, Barahir!” Boromir heartily laughed.

"Restoration" Part XIV
(Minas Tirith December 2, 3019)
By Onómir

“I had hope, that you’d come, when I called you upon the horn. Outnumbered, my back against a tree, I faced my enemy and my ending.” Boromir spoke to the King in such low tones that many heard only a rumble like thunder in the eastern lands that now lay quiet.

The only child in the room made small noises demanding its mother’s breast, but no person present acknowledged it, out of respect to the father, and the King.

Boromir spoke looking up as if speaking to someone beyond the open window; “The enemy loosed many arrows and I fell. I saw sunlight fade away through the boughs and I felt free of pain and spirit as all things faded to grey, then I heard you, but could not answer. I felt your hands upon my face and your kiss upon my brow. It was then I knew I would live, or had my hope restored. I heard your counsel with the elf and the dwarf and then your songs as I floated upon the water. Your songs faded as I heard a greater voice speaking to me from the sound of rushing water. Be at peace, fear not, It said to me, I shall bring you home. I dreamed of Faramir wading out to me upon the water. He slipped from view as many white gulls began to call and the Sundering Sea opened to receive me and the elf’s boat.”

Boromir’s far off gaze changed to one of stern focus as his eyes met Aragorns. “It was Ulmo Aragorn; it was he that brought me to life and to the shores of Dol Amroth. There I was nursed by a fisherman’s wife until my strength returned. I heard tales too fantastic to deem true. Save one that you were King of Gondor and Minas Tirith was saved from ruin. In this I am well pleased.”

Boromir bowed before the King and Faramir joined him at his side, smiling.

“That you are restored to Captain General, and a father, pleases me.” Aragorn smiled. “You have leave to put your house in order and a royal wedding for you and Trealyn shall be held upon the New Years Eve. You will serve Gondor both North and South, and me as trusted friend all our days.”

The court bowed before them both, the baby boy cooed, and Boromir wept with joy.

The End
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

daisy gold

Re: "Of Boromir and Trealyn" A Series Of Drabbles

Post by daisy gold » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:32 pm

A sweet drabble story Onomir. :-)
I love happy endings and I also like the idea that the elven boat with Boromir might have been rescued by Ulmo.
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Onomir
Site Admin

Post by Onomir » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Thank you for saying so, I feel this story is special and was done for lin4gondor.
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

Linaewen
Site Admin

Post by Linaewen » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Not sure why I never replied to these, I know I have read them and loved them in the past! But I'm replying now, just to let you know how special this story and this couple is to me! :love: :swoon: :love:
"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?...One day, our paths will lead us there." -- Boromir, Lord of Gondor

Onomir
Site Admin

Post by Onomir » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Thank you for finding it for me Lin ❤️
⚔️GONDOR⚔️