Sound Carries

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Harthad

Sound Carries

Post by Harthad » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:00 am

The darkness is overpowering as we step over the threshold of the doors of Moria. Gandalf has finally figured out the password and we were able to get in. Although this place doesn't look much better. . . .

I stick close to Merry as we make our way through the winding paths and tunnels. There is hardly any light coming in; the air is hot and stuffy which makes it difficult to breathe. Which makes sense, as we are under a mountain. I wonder if the dwarves who live here think it is a gloomy place with no light.

I think our danger has gotten more perilous since we entered. There are skeletons lying about, skeletons the size of dwarves! It seems that they will not give us a warm welcome after all. . .
Gimli is beside himself with sadness after seeing the tomb of his cousin, Balin. Gandalf picks up an old, worn and dusty book to maybe find out information as to how he died.

"There are drums in the deep. . . . . we cannot get out!"

I wander over to a well carrying Gandalf's hat and staff. I am quite getting bored and just a little nervous at all this talk of doom and death. There is a skeleton in old faded rags of clothing that has a gruesome smile. It is holding a piece of rock in it's hand. Curious, I reach out and touch it.

Plunk.

That one touch sends it down the well.

The whole skeleton follows it by the force of gravity. I turn to my companions with a fear-filled face. Gandalf runs over and grabs his hat and staff.

"You Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!"

BOOM.

BOOM. BOOM.

The drums are coming. . . . . we cannot get out.

Silivren Ithildin
Location: in Rivendell under a waterfall, also known as Mid-MO

Sound Carries

Post by Silivren Ithildin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am

Brings it all back, Harthad. Well done.

Sil :shock:
And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Anduril, Flame of the West. FOTR

"Utúlie'n aurë! Auta i lómë!"
The Children of Húrin

Primula

Sound Carries

Post by Primula » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 am

Aw, poor Pip.... those drums really freaked me out when I read the books in my youth - they're still creepy now. :scared:

Harthad

Re: Sound Carries

Post by Harthad » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Yay! I succeeded! I freaked Prim out! 8) :scared:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!