The Remaking of Will Turner ~ POTC Inkling

Non-canon tales & verse plus other friendly writings.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 pm

I never liked the ending to the third POTC movie. So I have taken it upon myself to fix the ending with a touch of quirkiness thrown in for good measure. :-)

“Thank goodness I finally found you Will! I’ve been looking all over this store for you!” a flustered looking Elizabeth said while she ran down the liquor aisle towards another handsome dark haired man who bore an uncanny resemblance to her husband and also shared his first name.

Now this startled Will for it wasn’t every afternoon he was accosted in this fashion by a woman dressed in a lovely period gown that would blend in better back when the British Empire controlled the seas than it did now in this modern day supermarket.

In the meantime Captain Jack came staggering around the corner.

“I see you have found your new/old husband and the rum as well! Good!” the pirate said to Elizabeth with a happy smile while he began to load his arms down with bottles of the dark liquor. “Now we really should to be shoving off! I left the Pearl double parked!”

“Wait a minute! I’m not who you think I am!” a thoroughly confused Will was finally able to blurt out while Elizabeth grabbed him by one hand and began to drag him after Captain Jack.

By now the woman wasn’t in any mood to argue otherwise so she quickly picked up a bottle of rum from the shelf and smashed it on top of his head which instantly knocked him out.

A couple of hours later he awoke with a splitting headache and dressed as a pirate while he gently swung to and fro in a hammock up on the Pearl’s main deck.

Sitting next to him on chair was Elizabeth who was busy knitting a small blue baby bootie out of soft yarn.

Suddenly there came a loud belching sound behind Will before Captain Jack staggered into view with a bottle of rum in one hand.

“It looks like your remade Will has joined us again,” he said while Elizabeth glared at him for making such a foul sound. Then she looked at Will who received a warm smile.

“Remade Will?! What in the world…” Will started to say quickly before he was hushed by a kiss from Elizabeth which had Captain Jack rolling his eyes.

“I never did like how the screen writers pom-pom socks up the ending of the third movie for Will and me. So with Captain Jack’s help I acquired for myself the best poetic license around and rewrote the ending myself. Unfortunately for Will the writers had messed up his body so much that not even I could figure out how to fix it. In the end I decided to simply transfer him into you once I had made sure you would make a good host for him,” Elizabeth explained happily.

“So that’s why I always felt like I was being followed around everywhere I went and why I suddenly had this craving for rum just before you showed up!” Will exclaimed.

“Obviously it’s taking much longer than I thought before the two of you become one but that’s alright I know the wait will be well worth it,” she said before giving Will another kiss. Then she resumed her knitting with a smile. “I kept in the part about us having a son later on. That was the only thing the screen writers got right in the end.”

“So that explains why you wanted to fix up one of the Pearl’s cabins!” Captain Jack exclaimed while winking at Will who had just now caught on to what that wink meant but was at a loss as to how to explain to Elizabeth that he wasn’t willing to go that far with her since he felt body snatched in addition to his still present confusion.

“You have such a filthy mind!” Elizabeth snapped back. “I just thought Will would like a more comfortable place to sleep tonight than in that hammock.”

“Hey I’m not the one who wanted that thick feather mattress!” Captain Jack replied with a suggestive wink and a smile for her before he was forced to quickly duck under the empty rum bottle thrown at his head. “I take that is my cue to leave you two love birds alone,” he added with a laugh before he retreated back to the captain’s quarters where he had come from.

Meanwhile Will was beginning to feel as if he wasn’t alone in his body anymore. Then the other Will’s memories rapidly flooded into his mind like a slide show gone berserk which soon had him wide eyed and gasping out loud at all the new information taking root.

“Easy Will! This will soon pass! Then I will have a husband that is a whole man again and be with me in such a fashion for all of our days to come!” Elizabeth said in a reassuring tone of voice while she stroked the side of his face with one hand as his whole body jerked several times when he allowed the other Will to became one with him inside and to take the lead role before disappearing into the background. After all he wasn’t about to stand in the way of two lovers who needed to be together. Then the original Will relaxed his new body with a long sigh before smiling up at her. After that he winced.

“Did you really have to hit the other Will over the head with that rum bottle? Now I have his splitting headache!” he complained with a mock pout.

“I was in a bad mood because I had forgotten to write in my version of the ending where in that strange store I was to find you! And then Captain Jack decided out of the blue that the finding of rum was more important than the finding of you and so he runs off to do just that even though he had promised to help me look! So when the other Will started to protest it was like the last straw so I sort of snapped and let him have it with the rum bottle,” Elizabeth quickly explained before following it up with a kiss of apology which eventually took on a whole different note since they were alone.

Later that night when Will was feeling better he returned that kiss and much more to Elizabeth who eventually delivered their son in their seaside cottage which would become their happy home for many years to come.

gustaf

Post by gustaf » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Uhm...
:rofl:
what shall I say?? It was definitely interesting and...takes some getting used to!! :lol: Great idea though! Clones?? And Jack Sparrow is definitely very uhh Jack-Sparrow-ish. :D

I definitely didn't like the ending for AWE (made me cry), but I think it's also very moving.
"Are you from New York?" "No, I'm from America."

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks for reading this gustaf!!! :-)

This is the end result of trying to put together some stray ideas from my muse while killing time.
:-P

Primula

Re: The Remaking of Will Turner ~ POTC Inkling

Post by Primula » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:21 am

Wow, that was.... different! :lol: I'll have to admit though, I haven't seen the third one, the second one was so awful. My daughter dared to try it, and tells me it is worth seeing at least once though so I may eventually. The end result is I'm going off of what I know of the plot via her summary of it - but I still enjoyed this quirky tale anyway.
Cloning, ah the new deux ex machina for modern writers!

Dínelleth

Re: The Remaking of Will Turner ~ POTC Inkling

Post by Dínelleth » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:52 am

Primula wrote:Wow, that was.... different! :lol: I'll have to admit though, I haven't seen the third one, the second one was so awful. My daughter dared to try it, and tells me it is worth seeing at least once though so I may eventually. The end result is I'm going off of what I know of the plot via her summary of it - but I still enjoyed this quirky tale anyway.
Cloning, ah the new deux ex machina for modern writers!
Yep it's different alright! :lol: And I' glad to hear that you liked it. :-)

Seeing the third movie once won't effect your sanity too much. :wink:

Personally I think too much emphasis was placed on Captain Jack's character. He was getting on my nerves in the second movie and I was thoroughly sick of him by the end of the third.

Maybe we should keep this poetic license's cloning ability secret and safe like the ring. Who knows what mischief it will lead too if everyone starts using it! :shock: