Golden Updates: entr'acte "Introducing" on line ..

Non-canon tales & verse plus other friendly writings.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Primula

Re: S-G Updates: Map 09 - Iris Nears Aldiara - On Line Now

Post by Primula » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:44 am

:oops: I'm so sorry, dear Giant - I completely spaced out on getting your new flyleaf in place... and it's such a pretty one too!

I'll get it done right away -

New Flyleaf

gentle-giant

Re: S-G Updates: Maps 10-A and 10-B On Line Now

Post by gentle-giant » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:10 pm

Yes, yes ... I know! Progress has been exceptionally slow of late! Sorry!!! Still, there is at least SOME news regarding progress at this time.

Two "new" maps for this adventure ... story ... thing have been added to the Maps Page fairly recently.

Map 10-A – Entering the City of Aldiara
Map 10-B – Aldiara ... Shown in Greater Detail

All the maps posted to date - as well as a few simple drawings - can be found at:

The Speaking Golden: Maps and Drawings

Also ... regarding Chapter 24: "An Assortment of Greetings": I have FINALLY finished the running-rough-draft for this chapter! Sadly, MUCH editing / revising is required, but I hope to send it to Primula for posting no later than the 15th of March ....

And lastly, thank you for your continued interest ... and ... for not lynching me yet ....

EDIT FOLLOWS: oh, i'm SOOO confoosed ...

( snicker )

When I made the above post, I was actually working on TWO chapters at the same time.

Chapter 24 ... is actually called "The Lay of the Land" ... and it's
Chapter 25 ... which is called "An Assortment of Greetings"

My apologies if my earlier post has caused any confusion ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

"Do I think you mad? No, merely...obsessed. Still, ofttimes...the path leading from obsession to madness is both short and true."

gentle-giant

Re: S-G Updates: Ch 24 - The Lay of the Land - On Line Now

Post by gentle-giant » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:56 pm

Some of you know that I'm on something of a vacation. I'm in Colorado right now, trying my very best to type this on the FLOOR of my sister's apartment. She just moved in five days ago ... just got connected to the internet yesterday ... but continues to wait for her furniture. So, right now, my gentle ankles and knees are aching in a giant way!!

Anywhooo ... just before I left our humble cave, I managed - barely!! - to send Primula the "next" chapter of my you-know-what. As always, my sincere thanks go out to her. And, for any-and-all who might be interested:

Ch 24: "The Lay of the Land" ... is now on-line at this location... web-site... thing....
Vayn ... to Iris:

"Do I think you mad? No, merely...obsessed. Still, ofttimes...the path leading from obsession to madness is both short and true."

Lothithil

Post by Lothithil » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:35 am

*catch- up reading* :-)

You know, I've discovered that I've read more of this than I thought I had. Gonna re-read it all and try to catch up. I need longer weekends!

((((GG))))

gentle-giant

Post by gentle-giant » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:36 am

and as for me, it's ...

*catch-up writing* ... with a snicker and pa-shaw ....

thank you so much for your continued interest (((Loth))) ... and for allowing this giant the gentle pleasure of reading a short passage for you a short time back ....

( you realize of course: probably the main reason you've already read more than you'd thought ... is because i've already written more than i'd ever imagined i would .... )
Vayn ... to Iris:

gentle-giant

Re: S-G Update: Ch 25 - An Assortment of Greetings - On Line

Post by gentle-giant » Thu May 04, 2006 2:27 pm

Yes, he's back ... YET again ....

It's been about six weeks since the last / previous chapter was posted on-line ... but, since I was on vacation for about two weeks and did NO work on this little story of mine during that time period -- hey ... did i just say little? yeah ... right! -- well, that's not TOO bad, I suppose. Anywhooo ...

Ch 25: "An Assortment of Greetings" ... is now on-line at this location... web-site... thing....

As of now, I continue to BELIEVE there are no more than six chapters yet to go ... and the last chapter, the final entr'acte and the epilogue are basically ready to go ... although they may need some "tweaking" as the remaining chapters take shape. Still, the end -- relatively speaking, of course! -- is getting near; believe it ... or not ....

As always, my sincere thanks to Primula ... for taking care of everything and making this available on line ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

gentle-giant

Re: Golden Update: Ch 26 - The Many Depending Things - On Li

Post by gentle-giant » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:16 pm

I know ... I know ... it's been more than two months ...

( i'm VERY sorry for the delay! )

... but I'm here to announce that a new chapter from my never-ending story is now available on line. I actually finished the rough-draft more than five weeks ago ... but, only a few days into the revision stage, I realized the something more akin to fairly drastic "salvaging operations" were in order. Sheesshh ... what a convoluted, unorganized, giant mess of not-so-gentle inconsistencies I had inadvertently written!!!

( when i write my next novel ... i PROMISE to work from a detailed outline!!! )

WARNING: This chapter contains "spoilers" for the novel itself. In other words ... this is the ONE chapter which "explains" MOST of what has ALREADY happened within the novel ... it gives the reader MUCH "insight" into earlier events and earlier chapters. That being said: Please, feel free to read this chapter OUT of sequence if you like ... but ... you HAVE been warned ....

( snicker )

Anywhooo ...

Ch 26: "The Many Depending Things" ... is now on-line at this location... web-site... thing....

And so, as of now ... there are no more than five chapters yet to go; at least, that's what I continue to believe at this time. My sincere thanks - as always! - to Primula ... for all the patience ... hard work ... etc. involved in making this "novel-STILL-in-progress" available on line ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

gentle-giant

Re: Golden Updates: Three New Drawings On Line

Post by gentle-giant » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:18 pm

I know ... it's been more than two months ... again! But I want to assure you all that work DOES continue on this project; despite all the rumors you've heard to the contrary!

Chapter 27 - which somewhat tentatively AND hesitantly is entitled "Of Harps and Visitations" - continues to give this giant not-so-very gentle fits! It seems I'm better at imagining / drawing settings ... than I am at using words to describe them.

Anywhooo ... along the same subject as the paragraph above, I'm here to announce that three new drawings ...

#3 - The Stronghold of Illag Ant'r
#4 - The Keep of Illag Ant'r
#5 - The Great Hall of Illag Ant'r

... are on line at this location... web-site... thing....

( Just scroll down through the maps section to get to the drawings section. )

As always, my most sincere thanks to Primula ... for all her hard work in making so much "stuff" available on line ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

gentle-giant

Re: Golden Updates: Ch 27 - Harps, Passages and .... - On Li

Post by gentle-giant » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Oh, dear... it's been more than THREE months this time!!!

I suppose all I can say with any certainty is the following: my Muse never had ANYTHING to do with Zeus and Mnemosyne. In fact, I believe she's not from Greece at all. I fear she hails from the land of confusion ....

Anywhooo ... I just wanted to let you know that ...

Chapter 27 -- Harps, Passages and Visitations

... is on line at this location... web-site... thing....

At the risk of being repetetive, my sincere thanks to Primula ... for so graciously allowing so much "stuff" of mine to clutter the world-wide-web ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

gentle-giant

Re: Golden Updates: nothing new on-line yet ... BUT ....

Post by gentle-giant » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:28 pm

I am VERY sorry to report – once again! – that it's going to be THREE MONTHS – if not a bit more! – between chapters.

Not only has this would-be novel-in-progress ALREADY become much longer than I anticipated when I started writing it more than three years ago; NOW it seems that each-and-every CHAPTER is much longer than I'd expected; such has been the case since about chapter 19 ....

Still, I'm at least modestly eager to report that – as of about 2:00 pm today – I've FINALLY finished my running-rough-draft / r-r-d for chapter 28.

Actually, all that I've written since late October WAS to become chapter 28 ... but I've decided to modify it quite a bit and alter its sequence somewhat. So ... what I've written is NOW going to become the novel's 9th entr'acte / "Introducing" ... which will be followed by chapter 28 / "Title not yet Determined" ... snicker ....

As of now, my BEST hope – translation ... my somewhat optimistic plan – is to finish re-working the 9th entr'acte / the 28th chapter and get them on-line – with Primula's always generous and selfless assistance! – around the end of January; and, yes ... I do mean January of 2007 ....

Again, my apologies to any-and-all who may be reading this would-be novel ... to any-and-all who, quite possibly, are NEARLY as interested as I am ... to see this little project reach its bitter-sweet conclusion ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

gentle-giant

Re: Golden Updates: entr'acte "Introducing" on lin

Post by gentle-giant » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:11 pm

As ever-and-always, I'm running WAY behind schedule, but a new installment - an entr'acte ... entitled "Introducing" - is on line now.

Salvage operations on Chapter 28 continue. So far, I've managed to whittle about 8200 words down to "just" 6700 ... but I need to cut it down further still; so I can ADD a scene and STILL have the chapter tip the scales at no more than about 6,600 words.

( which, in all fairness, is shorter than MANY recent chapters have been ... snicker .... )

Anywhooo ... I hope to finish Chapter 28 and get it on-line – with Primula's most gracious assistance! – around the middle of February; and yes ... I continue to mean 2007 ....
Vayn ... to Iris: