My Play!-Finally Posted!-Not done yet-Please comment!

Non-canon tales & verse plus other friendly writings.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:06 am

Script for Playwriting 2

Characters:

Narrator
The Doctor (son of the previous Doctor)
Pippin Took( son of the previous Pippin)
Trombone(Son of evil orange tuba-playing alien)
Clarinet(also known as Clari, daughter of evil orange tuba-playing alien)
People on Planet Zorg

Scene 1 Ext. Stage with TARDIS, NARRATOR comes on from left with birthday cake

(NARRATOR runs around stage, holding birthday cake, talks about it and his birthday)

(He sees the TARDIS)

N- Birthday in THERE!

(NARRATOR goes in TARDIS which faces audience to show the inside, NARRATOR starts pressing buttons and various lights and sounds go off, he is scared)

(NARRATOR'S movements are exaggerated as he climbs out of TARDIS and set is now Middle-earth, he pulls up a chair and sits on the side of stage, he faces audience)

N(quietly)-Guess what? They're going to take over the universe! HeeheeheeHAHAHAHA!

Scene 2 Ext. Middle-earth, CLARINET and TROMBONE come on from left, and then sit on stools

T- Clarinet, we have to do what Father says! We have to take over the universe with your birthday gift!

C- But Trombone, I don't like this universe-domination stuff. There are people out there who are affected by it!

T(scratches head)-Well, aren't they supposed to be affected by it?

C-Yes, but can't we affect them in a good way? Without wreaking havoc and making people say things over and over again?

T- Maybe. (pause) But I don't like that idea. We have to defeat the Doctor and his annoying sidekick, Pippin, once and for all! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

C- I think you've inherited Father's laugh.

T- Hmmmm. Can we use your birthday gift, now? To take over the universe? Pleeeeease!

C- Oh, all right. But only after we're offstage. We don't want the audience to know what it is, heeheeheehee.

T-(getting up from stool) It sounds like you've inherited Father's other laugh.

(Both walk off stage, PIPPIN and DOCTOR walk on)

P- What are these stools doing here?

D- Dunno. But they seem like a good place to sit.

(PIPPIN and DOCTOR sit on stools)

P- I wish we could have a great big adventure, like our dads did. It just seems so cool.

D- Hey, maybe we can! I just heard a-

(clarinet sounds)

D- A clarinet?

P(jumps up from stool)-Maybe the evil orange tuba-playing alien has found another weapon!

D- Okay, Pip! We should solve this case. To the TARDIS! Remember my dad's spaceship?

P- Number 1, you sound like your dad. Number 2, you don't have the keys.

D- I do. They're in my pocket.

P- Okay then. Let's go!

(They run offstage)

Scene 3 Ext. Planet Zorg Hotel on Planet Zorg, DOCTOR and PIPPIN walk onstage from left

D- My dad said the Hotel here has the best Zorgum milkshakes.

P- And those are. . . .

D- I have no idea. But they seem good enough!

P- Let's get one! I am really thirsty.

D- No, Pip! We have a case to solve!

P- Oh. Right.

(clarinet noise sounds, people around them jerk up and start repeating the word 'hello' and walk toward the DOCTOR and PIPPIN)

D- Hello to you too, chaps.

P- Doctor, they're coming closer. . . .

D- Just say 'hello' to them, and maybe they'll stop.

P- Hello, people. . .

(They start repeating 'hello' faster and start to drive the DOCTOR and PIPPIN off the stage)

P- What's happening to us? This isn't what happened with the tuba!

D- Stay calm, Pippin! I'm sure they are perfectly harmless.

P- That's what you say! But I think they're out to get us! RUN!

(DOCTOR and PIPPIN run offstage while the people chase them)

Scene 4 Ext. Planet Trachea, DOCTOR and PIPPIN are herded onstage left by PEOPLE

(The people all stop for a moment and then one of the people clears his throat and they all repeat 'goodbye' while exiting stage left)

D-Bye!

P- See you!

D-Cheerio, chaps!

N- Namarië!

(DOCTOR and PIPPIN turn toward him with confused expressions)

N- Oh. It's elvish. Sorry. Just-just continue. Go on.

P-So. . . . . where are we?

D- Well, I don't think we're in Kansas, anymore.

P- We never were in Kansas.

D-Yeah, you have a point.

(moment of silence)

D- Awkward silence.

P- Oh! I know where we are!

D- Where?

P- Standing on the ground.

D- I think that's a little obvious, Pip.

(TROMBONE enters on stage right)

T- My plan is complete! I have you now!I can finally take over the universe with my sister's birthday gift!

P- Um. . . . . . . . .

D- Who are you?

N&T- Isn't it obvious? I am-

T(turns to NARRATOR)-Why are you saying my lines with me?

N- Um. I do have a copy of the script.

T- Anyway, I am-

(CLARINET comes on from stage left)

C- He is-

T- Will you just be quiet?! I am Trombone, son of-

C- daughter of the-

P- EVIL ORANGE TUBA-PLAYING ALIEN!

(all turn to look at PIPPIN)

P- I'm right, aren't I?

T- Er. . . .

C- Yes, you're right. (sighs) Why do people always know who we are ahead of time?

D- Well, can we get this business over with? It is plain that you are going to take over the world.

P- I agree with the Doctor.

T- Yes. So, anyway, you have guessed correctly.

(flashing lights go off)

D- Great! What do we win?

T- You get to see every planet in the universe, except this one of course, be destroyed by my sister's birthday gift.

P- You people don't have good prizes.

D(clears throat)-Well, we have to stop you!

P- That was my line, Doctor. But still, we do have to stop you, you know.

T- As I was saying. . . after that task is accomplished, you will be stuck here forever.

D- We can't go back to our home planets?

T- They will be destroyed! Weren't you listening??

P- Yes, but-

T- Be quiet!

(DOCTOR and PIPPIN shrink back)

T- Oh yes, that's right. This play has an element of fear now, doesn't it? You are fearing me. And what will happen if all your home planets go boom? You might as well fear the concept of fear, although that would go into a philosophical discussion, wouldn't it?

P- Um, do we get a say in this?

T- NO! As I was saying (inches up closer to them, most specifiably the DOCTOR), I know all your fears. ALL of them. (circles around the DOCTOR) For you, Doctor, you fear spiders, don't you? What if a thousand, no, a MILLION were to invade Galifrey?

D(clearly freaked out)- You weirdo! Don't come near Galifrey with all those creepy bugs!

T(starts circling around PIPPIN)- And you, loyal sidekick, hate people who quote Lord of the Rings, huh?

P- Just like that playwright. . . .

T- I have a quote for you. 'Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness, alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all you life seems to shrink in about you, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in. (eyes search the audience's faces)

(PIPPIN jumps in the air and runs across stage, hides behind NARRATOR'S chair and says to TROMBONE,)

P- Get away with your Rings quotes! Get away! Go!

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am

It would be fun to see you work this into a cracky short story, rather than the script format - so many people won't read anything that looks like a script, if you put it in story form and posted it at whofic you might pull in more readers that way. :grin:

Harthad

Re: My Play!-Finally Posted!-Not done yet-Please comment!

Post by Harthad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:25 am

Primula wrote:It would be fun to see you work this into a cracky short story, rather than the script format - so many people won't read anything that looks like a script, if you put it in story form and posted it at whofic you might pull in more readers that way. :grin:
Thanks, Primula :grin: I originally wrote this for my playwriting class, that's why I keep posting all these plays. :-) 8)
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!