Addictions anyone??

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Re: ok, I have to admit to these addictions too...tx

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:04 am

My action figures are also taking over my bedroom at the moment. And I'm afraid there will be more action figures waiting somewhere in the stores to enter my room too :lol:
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes

Tiger-lily

Post by Tiger-lily » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:37 pm

Treebeard won't even allow me on the toy aisle..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor I met a girl so fair. But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her,her,her.....yeah!" :twisted:

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:18 pm

I've thought about this one for a while. I have to say I'm addicted to food. I love to cook and I love to eat. I love eggs, I love bread, I love butter, I love cakes made from scratch. And that's just starters. I LOVE FOOD Image
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:34 am

1. cheese (especially extra sharp cheddar):yum:

2. chocolate :yum:

3. books, books and more books (I have Peredhil beat by at least 150) :read:

4. horses (drat: no galloping smilie)

5. these boards :big grin:
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 pm

daughter_of_kings wrote: 3. books, books and more books (I have Peredhil beat by at least 150) :read:
I'm sure I have both of you beat - books are very addictive! I'm terrible at getting them back to the library in time, so rather than pay fees all the time, I just buy them from used book stores. :roll: It's cheaper!

And don't get me started on how many action figures I have..ack! :shock:

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:00 pm

Primula wrote:I just buy them from used book stores. :roll: It's cheaper!
Remembers bumping into you in one of those used book stores. What a treat!
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Primula

Hee!

Post by Primula » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:03 pm

That was a real "it's a small world" moment, wasn't it? :grin:

With a bookstore like Powells in my area, I could hardly stay away from it. I just never expected to be called by my "name" there!

loverofhobbits

Well, where should I begin? . . .

Post by loverofhobbits » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:49 pm

I have several addictions, most of which are obbsessive, like my eating habits: I have to eat certain sandwiches certain ways, and I have to eat cheese and crackers a certain way, and I have to eat popcorn a certain way and pizza a certain way, :shock: and if my food touches, it's pretty much ruined. :D Oh, and I take about 5 minutes to butter one piece of bread because the butter has to be touching all places on the top of the piece and evenly. My family laughs, and I just do it anyway :grin:

And I severely dislike fuzz on people's clothes. (I've been known to circle my friends and pick off the dirt and stray hairs :D )

Oh, and I am an organizing fanatic, highlighters, three different calendars, several never-ending "To Do" Lists, but that tends to help with school.

Other than that, I think I'm addicted to e-mail and these boards, when I get on the computer, I have to check my e-mail and then the boards 8)
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
-Henry Van Dyke
If music be the food of love, play on: give me excess of it...
-Shakespeare

hobbitgirly

Re: Well, where should I begin? . . .

Post by hobbitgirly » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:49 am

You know I'm really ashamed right now, I forgot my biggest addiction :oops: LOTR!!!!silly me, how could I ever forget that :shock:
(':music:')Lord of the rings

Suddenly I see......

Wanderer

Why do I write sooo much? okay not that much!

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:03 am

loverofhobbits wrote:I have several addictions, most of which are obbsessive, like my eating habits: I have to eat certain sandwiches certain ways, and I have to eat cheese and crackers a certain way, and I have to eat popcorn a certain way and pizza a certain way, :shock: and if my food touches, it's pretty much ruined. :D Oh, and I take about 5 minutes to butter one piece of bread because the butter has to be touching all places on the top of the piece and evenly. My family laughs, and I just do it anyway :grin:
OMG! I thought I was the only one! I feel wanted!
And I severely dislike fuzz on people's clothes. (I've been known to circle my friends and pick off the dirt and stray hairs :D )
I have a tendency of this habit as well. Tucking in tags is also something I do.
Oh, and I am an organizing fanatic, highlighters, three different calendars, several never-ending "To Do" Lists, but that tends to help with school.
Not a single clear space on my bulletin board. Not one.
Other than that, I think I'm addicted to e-mail and these boards, when I get on the computer, I have to check my e-mail and then the boards 8)
I check my e-mail and these boards simolatiously(sorry-horrid speller at 2:11 am :grin: ). The notifications are the only type of mail I get. Well that and junk mail.
Were we separated at birth...well...how young are you? :?
1. cheese (especially extra sharp cheddar)
2. chocolate
3. books, books and more books (I have Peredhil beat by at least 150)
4. horses (drat: no galloping smilie)
5. these boards
Everything the same except the cheese part. I don't know what it is but I don't really like cheese. At least not by itself except for string cheese. MMMmmmm string cheeeeeeeeesssssse.....
I only have about three to four hundred books right now, but if I count all my brothers books(which were once mine) and count them still as my own(which I would if he hadn't destroyed them almost beyong recognition) I would have approximately one thousand and seventeen books. I think that beats both your socks off. But of course I only havee 300-400 books in my shelves presently, but that number rises with every series I get into. Harry Potter, LotR, Eragon, Nancy Drew, Artemis Fowl, Poetry by Robert Frost and Silverstein, Books by Lloyd Alexander, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and some slightly more childish series like The Magic Treehouse, The Littles, Sammy Keys, and The Animal Ark. I also have countless (okay countable, but it would take a bit of time. correction a lot of time) other books that are alone by themselves but have other loners to keep them company. It also rises with every holiday because of the multitudes of Barns and Nobles gift cards I receive. Once I simply asked for a bit of money to complete one of my series. The backlash was quite increadible. Everyone have me $25 B&N gift cards! I had about 10 of the things! Not to mention the four I found later on in my wallet that I'd lost a few years ago! The amount of money for books was stagering! $350 was quite a lot for books! I used every bit of it in one trip. (Is that healthy? Oh well to late now :roll: :lol: ) Most of it was for me, but I also got a few gifts for the card givers. They all got *drum roll*...BOOKS! Hey what a suprize. 8) The thank-you notes all had "Thanks for taking part in the 350" They laughed. The clerk I bought the books from looked at me first like I was a star of some sort (a what? :eh: ) then he looked at me like I had lost my mind. My hair was a mess though. Hey your's would be too if you spent four hours in a book store searching every shelf for that one elusive last copy to complete a few collections. My eyes might have been crossed too, I don't remember, after reading all the small print. All I could think was, "Just take the books, ring them up, help me and my poor mother who waited happily in the cafe all day as I searched in a frenzy for that stupid copy of what ever book it was that was on the wrong side of the store lug these things to the car so I can get home and get working on rearranging all the books I have now so everything has a place. Also so that I can realize that I don't have enough space in my corner shelves like my mother says will fit them all (I was right by the way and I now have two bookcases opposide my bed) So I can go get knew ones, put them together, crush my finger with the hammer so that it turns green and I swear and get in trouble by my parents who take me to have it exrayed to make sure it's not broken.(which had happened with my previous bookcase and ironically happened again with the same finger and I said the same thing and the same thing happened. I could help but painfully think,"Dayjavoue."*sorry about my spelling at 2:58 am :grin: *)" I thought all of this in a span of a few short seconds. I was wondering. How long is a short second, a normal second, and a long second? I mean they're all seconds right? How can a secong be long or short???? Okay I'm going to sleep before I gthyujmgtfrrfhyujmnhy......Huh!? oh yeah. Hehe To late. G'night. :sleep: Sorry it's soooooo longggg.
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~