brownies

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Pi

brownies

Post by Pi » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:12 am

Well, if we're submitting recipes, this is quite tasty. My girlfriend makes them from scratch and everyone loves them, so I hope you find them to your liking.

1 1/2 stick butter
6 tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
Melt butter and cocoa and then remove from heat. Add sugar. Add eggs (1 at a time) and mix well. Add vanilla. Add flour. Pour into a buttered or non-stick sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for approx 23-25 minutes.
Sorry to the non-Americans out there, for not using metric measurements and Celsius/Centigrade temperature.

Also, my father grew up in Brooklyn, NY in an Italian neighborhood. He has a recipe for a wonderful Italian tomato sauce which I could pass on as well if you'd like.
Last edited by Pi on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn'Ambar-metta!
Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world!

Silivren Ithildin
Location: in Rivendell under a waterfall, also known as Mid-MO

Re: brownies

Post by Silivren Ithildin » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:24 am

Oh, my! Sounds yummy! :yum:

But, I am going to have to wait till it is time for a family get together to make them or I will want to eat them all!

Sil :drool:
And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Anduril, Flame of the West. FOTR

"Utúlie'n aurë! Auta i lómë!"
The Children of Húrin

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:35 am

I will indeed make them, Pi. And I would also love to have the Italian tomato sauce recipe. I make almost everything from scratch, so this would be perfect. :D
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:52 am

Pi wrote:My Brooklyn, NY Italian neighborhood background father has a recipe which makes great Italian tomato sauce which I could pass on as well if you'd like.
Yes, please!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:52 am

Here's a great conversion tool for any folks that need to convert measurements to metric, etc. scroll down the page a ways to find cooking measurements.

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/volume

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:17 am

Now that's a downright handy little converter thingy - thanks, Lindorie. I think I'll add that link to the recipe page too.

Niniel

Post by Niniel » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 am

Wow Lind, where on earth did you find that? I have some old Russian family recipes that I can now convert. Thanks! :D
I am no man.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:34 am

Mmmmmmmmmmm All kinds of yummy stuff! I have got to go get some elevensies! :yum:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:03 pm

Niniel wrote:Wow Lind, where on earth did you find that? I have some old Russian family recipes that I can now convert. Thanks! :D
Glad to be of service. I found that a few years ago and have had it on my bookmarks/favorites ever since. I find it quite handy when discussing temperature with Suzie Sheelf way down under. We can compare ungodly hot summer temps much easier if we are both talking the same language....Celsius, usually. I love the fact that there are so many different conversions available and easiy accessed through the drop down menu.

Pi

Post by Pi » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:53 am

Ashlyn wrote:
Pi wrote:My Brooklyn, NY Italian neighborhood background father has a recipe which makes great Italian tomato sauce which I could pass on as well if you'd like.
Yes, please!
well, for those who showed interest, there is a new post in the kitchen under the title of "a few of my family's italian recipes" that includes my Dad's tomato sauce, my Grandma's manicotti, and my Aunt's eggplant parm. I hope you like them.
Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn'Ambar-metta!
Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world!

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:02 pm

Anyone got a good recipe for chocolate moose? My cousin Jennifer's husband, Brian, his mom makes a really delicious chocolate moose, but I can't get in contact with her for the recipe! Just wondering...
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:17 pm

do a google searche for recipe chocolate mousse, and you will have hundreds of recipes to choose from. They all sound good to me.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:28 pm

Thanks Lind! Wow... :shock:
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~