How's your Weather? 2

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daughter_of_kings

Re: How's your Weather? 2

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Yay for rain that is wanted and needed!

The storms that went through Dallas were much milder by the time they got to us... some pretty spectacular lightning and some rain, but no strong winds and no tornadoes!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:16 am

lindorie wrote:Right now they are saying that there were approximately 10 confirmed tornadoes in the area. I wanna go back to Oregon!!!
Understandable! I was looking at all that craziness and telling my family "I'm SO glad I live where we don't have tornadoes..." Scary, scary stuff. Very glad to hear everyone is okay, I always worry about y'all when such things go by.

It's been a very wet, soggy and cold spring over here, though a little patch of blue sky went by a couple days ago and the sun lit everything up for an hour or so and it was amazing... more, please. :rain: We even had a late snow that broke off a lot of blooming tree branches, so sad. Here's looking forward to some sunshine and a little less mud! :flower:

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:00 pm

I also noted some rather ominous clouds on Tuesday (over East Portland)... very black cloud with little spinning funnel-ettes protruding from the bottom. There was brief hail, but other than that nothing happened at ground level. It was fascinating to watch the spinning, shifting tips of those funnels, but as my friend commented, if someone from the mid-west had seen that cloud it would have evoked more anxiety than fascination :shock: Thankfully, we seldom see any funnel clouds actually get pulled all the way down to ground level, nor strong enough to do any more than "stir things up" a bit.
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 am

I keep hearing folks say we don't have tornadoes here, but we sure do get wind shear. I'll have to take at least one photo of the lot next to mine. In minutes or less, it looked like a war zone. We had 60 mph gusts here last night, now every time we get those high wind warnings I do everything but have a cow. I spent all morning yesterday taking down all of my wind chimes, & bird baths, spring wreaths, and turning my lawn furniture upside down, flat on the ground topped with bluestones. :shock: I'll put my toys back up, when they take the "red flags" down. :!:

Niniel

Post by Niniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:09 pm

It cranked up to 95 here yesterday. Looks like the a/c is here to stay, although there is a rumor that tomorrow will be around 75. Cool spell here in the Arizona desert.
I am no man.

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Niniel wrote:It cranked up to 95 here yesterday. Looks like the a/c is here to stay, although there is a rumor that tomorrow will be around 75. Cool spell here in the Arizona desert.
As much as I absolutely love to visit Arizona, when I had my one chance to move there, I didn't. I REALLY don't think that I could "do" the heat. :sun: :sun: :sun: :sigh: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 am

One day: Wet and chilly.
That night: Wet and chilly.
Next day: Warm and sunny.
That night: balmy.
Day after: Wet and chilly.
etc, etc, etc...

You get the idea. I'm ready for it to just be summer so we can put up the pool and I can work on putting up my new bookshelves! I have to paint them outside, so I need it to be nice on a weekend day!

Today is gray and cold. It'll probably rain tonight.
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun May 06, 2012 6:13 am

Highs in the 90s here, and no rain in sight. Looks like it's going to be a hot dry summer.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Mon May 14, 2012 10:23 am

Weather here in the U.K has been so depressing. We have a hosepipe ban as the winter was so dry. (Cold and miserable but apparently too dry???) Needless to say we have now had weeks of nonstop rain and floods and it is miserable. Had a couuple of warmish days (low 60's) but today back to a north wind with rain. I think we are going straight from spring to autumn. Last summer was really lousy and the only thing to look forward to throughout the dreary winter is some weeks of warm,dry, sunny weather. Don't hold out too many hopes .....................
CXXXEP

Niniel

Post by Niniel » Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Once again it is very warm here in Arizona desert. Today's predicted to be 105. Anyone got a cold drink?
I am no man.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Tue May 15, 2012 5:52 pm

We have had rain! Two or three days with showers and thunderstorms (some folks even had hail, but we avoided that...). Plants are loving it (as am I as it mostly falls when I am asleep!).

Heat in the 90s, not too hot yet, but it's only mid-May...
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:00 am

Well, we had snow here in the northern Nevada desert last week. This week we have temps forecast up in the 90's, with a 100 º F forecast for Sunday.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:23 am

Every time I read about how hot it gets where various folks are, I am grateful for not living there again. Like RW said, I don't think I could do the 'heat test' (at least not without a lot of grumbling!). It's been cool and rainy here, a touch more than usual for spring, but looks to be a nice summer (For us, normal summer is in the 70s for the most part, with a brief lunge sunward in August or so to fry things).

Today, however, there is sun with only a few clouds to keep it from getting too uppity. Very nice.

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 pm

It hit 103 ºF on Sunday but today a beautiful 77 ºF.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 am

Our weather is "lunging" toward the 'dark' side ... triple digit... AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! :sun: :sun: :whack::sun: :sun: