We're all going on a Summer holiday

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 am

Hoping this thread title isn't totally lost on you. HA!

So, how many of you are off on vacation/holiday this summer? Are you going somewhere special?

I have already been on my holidays, with five weeks in England and then a week in a cabin in Washington state. Both were GREAT!

The highlight of my cabin trip was seeing my first wild bear. I was about to go on my early morning bird walk, and there it was, in the garden. Very exciting indeed.

So, if you've been on your holiday, I'd love to hear all about it. And if you're going, I'd love to know where.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 pm

We have a trip to Alabama/Florida area of the Gulf Coast planned for the last week of July. Going to have fun at the beach with our in-laws. Great times and lots of quiet (which with two kids is a rare occastion!).

Currently, we have been home since the Mrs. and I are performing in a local musical production. Rogers and Hammerstein's CINDERELLA. Going to be a lot of fun, and even G-minor will be playing a page.

It has been great fun, but I miss having evenings to myself and the constant rehearsals has been a challenge. Especially for me, because my wife got a week in Vegas for a BeachBody convention while I stayed home.

But my time here was well spent, as we have lots of fruit on our trees which is still alive. Avocados and Figs are doing well, and one lone Pomegranate. plus a few limes and Lemons...

And your adventures sound exciting. A LIVE bear?!?!? Wow...beats a birdbath anyday!

Wonder how everyone else is doing...

Doc
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

seansbeanie

Re: We're all going on a Summer holiday

Post by seansbeanie » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Off to Boston next week. Haven't been there since the LOTR exhibit!
"Today life is good!"

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Beanie! Its so good to see you here. I hope all is going well in Beanie world.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:09 pm

I attended the Arizona Dreamin' Reader Event. Twenty romance authors are available to readers, presenting workshops and hosting a table at a dinner. There were also two publishers present for pitching for those who want the chance to publish their books. Jimmy Thomas, cover model and entrepreneur, was available for pictures. It was a weekend in Chandler, close to home, a stacation. :-) It was a lot of fun meeting other readers I've become acquainted with on facebook. I've already signed up for next year's event.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins