Things that make you smile

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Re: What makes me smile

Post by lindorie » Sat May 08, 2010 5:46 pm

1. having served a dinner that was delicious...yet another improvised recipe!

2. getting ready to celebrate our 4th anniversary on wednesday

3. going to the Eagles concert on June 26....so happy I cry when I think about it....they are the second of two completions on my 3 item musical bucket list!

suzie-sheelf

Post by suzie-sheelf » Sat May 08, 2010 6:23 pm

update on my niece. She has been chosen to go to Japan to play Baseball for Australia in the girls Junior squad. We are oh so proud.

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:36 am

If I'm down and lonely and I need a good laugh and a lovely smile...

Love to watch the prank interview with Dom and Elijah...it never fails to make me smile.
At the last moment he turned back, it was Frodo the darkness and pain were gone...
His healing had begun.

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 am

Squirrels dangling upside down from a hanging feeder by just their back toes then being dive-bombed by robins. What a great show to watch at breakfast.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Being dead tired after dropping my sis off at the airport at 4 am and unexpectedly getting to watch a lunar eclipse on the way home!

Tiny kids 'helping' with the canning.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 pm

~The thought of having grass yet this summer
~The thought of getting my 2 rose bushes and other assorted perennials I spirited away from my previous garden out of their pots and planted in my new yard
~Sending Samsmissy to International Music Camp for a week of musical theater, knowing she will spend the time with one of her best friends, the friends' fun older sister and all will have a wonderful time!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:36 am

1. I'm doing a film camp this summer!!!!! Yay!

2. I have not been able to get to my website for the past three days. My host company says that AT&T blocked all the Webs.com websites because of spamming issues. The company ALSO said that they cleared this problem up yesterday. Now I will go check. . . .

3. Frodo is sitting on my speaker.
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 am

I'm smiling at my parakeets who are finally done thinking that their new toy will eat them and are instead finally starting to eat it instead.

Where would we be without little kids and friendly pets? :-) It would be a sadder world.

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:06 am

Harthad wrote:1. I'm doing a film camp this summer!!!!! Yay!

2. I have not been able to get to my website for the past three days. My host company says that AT&T blocked all the Webs.com websites because of spamming issues. The company ALSO said that they cleared this problem up yesterday. Now I will go check. . . .

3. Frodo is sitting on my speaker.
Oh, wait. . . . I meant to post this under 3 Things on your mind. . . . oops. :oops:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 am

I was smiling at that also, heh. :wink:

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:12 am

My daughter, husband and (cute) little son (3 years old) are on holiday staying in a holiday park. Apparently during the kiddies' hour on the first evening, my (usually shy) grandson got up on stage and sang into the microphone. He'd just sat down (to much applause) and the compere had announced a game for all to play when Jamie stood up and said "I want to sing another song!" Laughing, the compere welcomed him up on stage again! A few minutes after this, a little boy stood up and loudly proclaimed "I want to go to the toilet", Jamie repied "Well I want to go too" at which most of the other kidlets stood up and said "We're going as well"!!! :lol:
I remember my three daughters (aged about 5 - 7) getting up on stage to join my husband (who was a singer in a group) to sing 'On top of the world' and 'Jambalaya'! Obviously the talent passes on!
CXXXEP

Rosie Cotton

Post by Rosie Cotton » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 pm

things that make me smile for sure was just reading Sylvania's story of her 3 year old!! lol!

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:15 pm

That story totally made me smile too - ah, little kids. Really nothing like them, especially in large quantities. :grin:

Rosie Cotton

Post by Rosie Cotton » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 am

smiling cause later today my brothers will be here for a short visit. :D

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:12 am

My darling little grandson was 4 years' old yesterday and had his first 'party' with two little girls from his pre-school. (Along with me and grandad of course.) Much excitement, really daft behavour (from us all) and some incredibly mad dancing. (Again - from all of us!!!) He really is that terrific age - a real little character. :-)
CXXXEP