Things that make you smile

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Primula

Things that make you smile

Post by Primula » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:04 pm

What makes you smile today? What do you love, whether you show it with a big cheesy grin or just a mona-lisa smile to yourself - what makes your day a little brighter right now?

8) :D :grin: :big grin:

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Re: Things that make you smile

Post by lindorie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:52 pm

Thinking about my knight always puts a big silly grin on my face. What do I love....well, he is the first thing that comes to mind, as I listen to the sounds of him showering in the bathroom next to my room. I also love my son a lot.

I love the crisper feeling to the air here as it has finally begun to cool off a bit, and I love the feeling of being in love for the first time in a very long time...and hopefuly the last time. :love:

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:13 pm

Stilling having my dog after 16-1/2 years always brings a smile to my face and warms my heart beyond words.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:18 am

The smell of Autumn.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Primula

Mmm...autumn....

Post by Primula » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:51 am

Doesn't it smell heavenly out there? I opened the blinds this morning and there was a gentle rain of golden leaves trickling down from the poplars, all wrapped in a glowing mist from the sunrise. What a beautiful start to a day.

frodosmiss

Re: Mmm...autumn....

Post by frodosmiss » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:05 am

I've been enjoying Autumn this week until today- it's grey and snowing just a bit...kind of a reminder of what is to come. Obviously, looking outside isn't making me smile, but listening to my four year old daughter playing with her dolls in the other room makes me smile....and snicker. They are so creative and imaginative when they play and it's fun to be an unseen witness to it! :D
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Re: Mmm...autumn....

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:08 am

I love to hear the birds sing :D :D :D
That's so wonderful! This morning I was at work and then I heard the birds singing and it was raining!
Birds always make me smile :wink:
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes

Evermind

SUMMER!!!!! (txt)

Post by Evermind » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:45 pm

SUMMER!!!!! It's nearly here! :grin: :grin: :grin: So there's the smell of sunshine, and Dad's mowed the lawn, and the birds are all singing, and I can ride Rangi for hours on end and go exploring without getting rained on! :D And BEACHES! Love it! Jaajaa!

-Ev.
*Big Slimy Gollum Hugs!*Death to the Evilstar!*Aure Entuluva!*Glorfindel Supporters Unite!*

Niniel

Re: SUMMER!!!!! (txt)

Post by Niniel » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:35 am

I smile when I wake up and all of my cats are curled up on the bed with me. :D
I am no man.

Primula

Post by Primula » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:55 am

I just asked this in my kitchen and the replies are as follows:

Bergil: "Cute little kitties!"

My Mom: "Babies laughing, when we saw wild turkeys across the road, BIG! Sitting on the fence!... let's see... flowers. Beautiful flowers. A yummy looking dessert makes me smile." :heart:

Vik

Post by Vik » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:03 am

:big grin: The sun chasing away all the grey and the rain we had yesterday! The light dancing on the autumn leaves...

AliveWithoutBreath

Do the chickens have large talons?

Post by AliveWithoutBreath » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:37 pm

Evermind wrote:SUMMER!!!!! It's nearly here!
Luckyyy...

(^ in a Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Hmm... what makes me smile... One thing I can think of is mah Dancin' Gir avatar. Oh, and another thing would be grotesque, hideous, BAD FANFICTION. T'is a thing wot makes me laugh.

Primula

How about something simple...

Post by Primula » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:32 pm

Peace and quiet. I can't ever get enough of it - when I get a chance to be someplace truly peaceful and quiet I smile and just soak it up, especially if there are books and plants involved.

Evermind

Or alternatively crazy social time! Lol! txt

Post by Evermind » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:29 pm

Or alternatively crazy social time! Lol! Nah... just kidding. Crazy madness is good for parties, but there's nothing like a bit of quiet time. :grin:

Sitting underneath a tree and reading is my favourite, or sitting in the sunshine playing the guitar, or just talking to my horse! :grin:

Ooooh! Ok, here's one - sitting on the back lawn, sharing a strawberry ice-cream cone with a cat and a pet chicken! Lol! This one always reminds me of when I was a little. I don't know why, but for some reason all the animals in this house are addicted to strawberry ice-cream! :wink:

-Ev
*Big Slimy Gollum Hugs!*Death to the Evilstar!*Aure Entuluva!*Glorfindel Supporters Unite!*

The Princess of Mirkwood

Re: Or alternatively crazy social time! Lol! txt

Post by The Princess of Mirkwood » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:14 am

Reading this :D

:wink:
I'm a smart-top-hat, but I'm playing dumb.... -Billie Joe, Green Day