Lord of the Rings Feng Shui (txt)

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Avondster

Lord of the Rings Feng Shui (txt)

Post by Avondster » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:51 pm

This afternoon as I was cleaning my new flat, I was thinking about something that I believe should provide a fun game.

I am currently in possession of some thirty-odd action figures, and I plan on spreading them over all the rooms. Question is: which one goes where? Galadriel next to the mirror? Sam between the potplants? Pippin in the kitchen cabinet? Denethor and Faramir on the gas stove? Sméagol in the toilet? Give me your ideas.

My brother also had a suggestion of taking a theme for each room, based on species or country of origin. How's that?

I will miss you all in these coming weeks while the move is on! Though I will of course try to sneak in at night to see what's happening. Hugs to all!
"I'm a Hobbit, and I know I can't save Middle-Earth. I just want to help my friends. More than anything I wish I could see them again."
- Merry, 'The Return of the King' Extended Edition

sarahstitcher

Re: Lord of the Rings Feng Shui (txt)

Post by sarahstitcher » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:25 pm

Theme by rooms sounds interesting.
Hobbits in the kitchen
Rohirrim in the bedroom? seems like we see more sleeping chambers there than anywhere else except maybe Rivendell (only one there, though, Frodo's)
Gondorians in the dining room? or the living room? more formal, seems to me.
Elves... you need a solarium with lots of plants. Potted trees, hanging vines, a floor of moss... definitely a fountain.
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:34 pm

sarahstitcher wrote: Elves... you need a solarium with lots of plants. Potted trees, hanging vines, a floor of moss... definitely a fountain.
Baths work for that. :D
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

MrsFrodoBaggins

Post by MrsFrodoBaggins » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:21 pm

Avondster wrote:I am currently in possession of some thirty-odd action figures, and I plan on spreading them over all the rooms. Question is: which one goes where? Galadriel next to the mirror? Sam between the potplants? Pippin in the kitchen cabinet? Denethor and Faramir on the gas stove? Sméagol in the toilet?....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, if you've got a Sauron figure, he could go in the medicine cabinet with the eyewash. Frodo and Bilbo could look after your jewelry. Legolas could mind your haircare items.

Primula

Post by Primula » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:23 am

You realize of course they won't always stay where you planned anyway... they wander. We had Boromir in the kitchen for the longest time, contemplating a teabag much as he looked upon the Ring upon Caradhras. :lol:

How about one in the fridge, to lend a cheerful presence to the foodstuffs? (the White Wizard?)

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:45 am

We have a wandering Shelob... she especially likes to turn up in dirty closets. :wink:

shelob

Post by shelob » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:54 am

LOL - Shelob does NOT wander! - she lands precisely in the spot that she intended! - hello to you all - i am well - just busy and somehow misplaced the 'color of ME' bit that i had written - hopefully it will resurface one of these days - we just returned from a cruise of the alaskan passage - which was totally awesome! and i loved Seattle! - as for 'action figures' the two that i have (the ranger and a ringwraith on horses) are still in their boxes - tho' i do have a couple of 'spiders' on our 'spyder' with the 'Shelob' license plate - HA - love to all of you, Her Ladyship

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:48 am

shelob wrote:LOL - Shelob does NOT wander! - she lands precisely in the spot that she intended! - hello to you all - i am well - just busy and somehow misplaced the 'color of ME' bit that i had written - hopefully it will resurface one of these days - we just returned from a cruise of the alaskan passage - which was totally awesome! and i loved Seattle! - as for 'action figures' the two that i have (the ranger and a ringwraith on horses) are still in their boxes - tho' i do have a couple of 'spiders' on our 'spyder' with the 'Shelob' license plate - HA - love to all of you, Her Ladyship
Always good to see you. Wow!! I've always wanted to do one of those cruises!

My few figures all sit on my monitor. :-)
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:24 am

I think you should not restrict the places you put them, but give your house the rooms of major happenings, and follow the story.

For example, when the calandar reads that they should be on the Red Pass, put the nine in the Freezer, with the elf walking on top of the ice-trays, of course. The rest mired in frozen fish-sticks or whatever else is in your apartment.

Then, a few days later, put them by the fishbowl, so that the watcher in the water has a chance . . . then shut them in a closet or under the bed for the Mines of Moria. It will be much more entertaining that way.

You could take pictures of them on special moments (Gandalf fallen -- at the bottom of the Laundry hamper so that his grey robes become white!).

Then, as we see your version of LOTR come to fruition, (just like the Movie was PJ's) we can Laud your efforts and then discuss how closely you stayed true to the book (you could show Sam by a budding flower and with several still shots in sequence, we would have the regrowing of the party tree and the scouring of the Shire).

Dr.G (D.C.G. in action).
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

hobbitgirly

Post by hobbitgirly » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:28 am

What a great idea avondster!!or you could change them every week to another room :grin: Dr G's idea is nice :D
It will be a lotr house, that would be great!!!
(':music:')Lord of the rings

Suddenly I see......

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:57 am

That gives me an idea too! I have about 45 action figures and 10 Frodos!!!
I could place an action figure in every room with a Frodo to watch over him/her.
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes

The Princess of Mirkwood

Post by The Princess of Mirkwood » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:32 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
funny idea... Especially Dr. G's I think..
:lol:
I'm a smart-top-hat, but I'm playing dumb.... -Billie Joe, Green Day