'Lord Of The Rings Cast and Director Reunite

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

'Lord Of The Rings Cast and Director Reunite

Post by daisy gold » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:13 am

Enjoy most of the cast and the director chatting about the good old times they had making the films.
WARNING; It will make you smile and have a tear or two in your eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_U0S6x ... pp=desktop
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Strange Elf

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings Cast and Director Reunite

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Hello there!

It has been an age since I visited Middle Earth.

This is incredible, and yes, I did cry. Wow - Wow - Wow! Now I am going to watch the trilogy again.

Thanks for the link, Daisy. I don't think I would have known it was there. You have made my day.

Hope life is treating you well.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daisy gold

Lord of the Rings in a time of Covid19

Post by daisy gold » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:39 am

How lovely to see you Strange elf. :hi:

Doesn't time fly. It is nearly 20 years since the first film, Fellowship of the Rings, came out.
I wasn't a member on these boards until two years after that. And then we had such fun and I have lovely memories.
It seems from this YouTube video the cast and others made a special bond too.

I have watched the three films and some of the extra discs since I have been isolating from covid 19. Nearly 11 weeks inside alone with my pc and what's app and Facebook. We were lucky in Ireland to have such beautiful weather this spring and I have been spending a lot of time pottering in my garden and reading under dappled skies.

Which reminds me to ask. Have you seen the new John Garth book just out. It's 'The Worlds of JRR Tolkien'. Mine arrived this week and it is wonderful. Lots of pictures, maps , illustrations etc show places that influenced Tolkien or could have. I am consoling myself with it as a planned holiday in Oxford to celebrate my special birthday fell through due to the virus. If you can get this book it will be worth it.

Hope you are keeping well Strange elf. I still think of you quite often and remember you in my prayers.
I hope we will see more friends soon when the Amazon tv series is aired.

Daisy
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.