Synopsis for Amazon’s LOTR Series

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

Synopsis for Amazon’s LOTR Series

Post by daisy gold » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 am

Here is Amazon's synopsis for its Lotr tv series. I took it from Torn site.

Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breath-taking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

Well, I am feeling a little more excited now about the series.
To visit the ‘the Island kingdom of Numenor’ was the part that pleased me most
but I would like to know more about ‘the furthest reaches of the map’.
If this means blue wizards then it is something I didn’t expect to see.
Looking forward to more reveals in the coming months.
:D :stretch: :wings:
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Linaewen
Site Admin

Re: Synopsis for Amazon’s LOTR Series

Post by Linaewen » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:28 pm

I would be very interested in seeing anything that involves the Blue Wizards! I was also encouraged by the synopsis, it's nice to have something more concrete at last!
"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?...One day, our paths will lead us there." -- Boromir, Lord of Gondor

Onomir
Site Admin

Re: Synopsis for Amazon’s LOTR Series

Post by Onomir » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Thank you for sharing🧙‍♂️
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."