Empire reveals more on RoP series

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

Empire reveals more on RoP series

Post by daisy gold » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:41 am

Hello Friends, :hi:
I was in Sainsburys on Friday doing my weekend shop when I happened upon a magazine that gave my heart a squeeze of delight. Empire film magazine was featuring an article with photos on the Rings of Power series. The temptation was too great. I succumbed and I choose the copy with the dwarves on the cover.... The Dwarven King and Queen look regal and rich. Then in Costa, with my latte, I enjoyed the read and poured over the attractive photos. I was intrigued to see how they handled the hobbits. Not bad but nothing about their story. The elves in Lindon looked great even with their short hair. Celebrimbor was not how I imagined him. On the whole I am interested to see how this second age series goes. Hopefully there will be a trailer soon.

Now the sad part for me... I had to wipe a few tears from my eyes as I sat there drinking my coffee. Memories came flooding back. I was reminded of the fun I had many years ago anticipating Jackson’s films and the wonderful time we had on these boards. I hope we can make some more good times together when the tv series begins this September.

Here are some covers from Empire online.

Empire’s The Lord of The Rings: The Rings Of Power World-Exclusive Covers Revealed | Movies | Empire (empireonline.com)

Say hello to Celebrimbor

Meet The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power’s Pivotal Elf Celebrimbor – Exclusive Image | TV Series | Empire (empireonline.com)

Some nomadic hobbit/ Harfoots folk

Lenny Henry Plays ‘Harfoot’ Sadoc Burrows In LOTR: The Rings Of Power: ‘We’re The Traditional Tolkien Little Guy’ – Exclusive | TV Series | Empire (empireonline.com)
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

daisy gold

Re: Empire reveals more on RoP series

Post by daisy gold » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:53 am

Sorry I can't get these articles to come up on screen. :huh: :(

You can find them if you put Empire Rings of Power in to google. That is how I found them.
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.