Mae Govannen!

Welcome to our new members! Come join the family.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

ibalissi

Mae Govannen!

Post by ibalissi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 am

Hello all! :hi: Erm, right then, a little about me....

I'm a huge Tolkien fan, joined the LOTRuk forum back in 2002 which is no longer there and I miss it so much - but happily I've now found this place with more obsessed Ringers! :yay: I met my husband on the site - a few of us met up in London to see Sean Bean in Macbeth (*swoon*!) :heart: and we fell for each other pretty quickly! :D We live in the White Tower (otherwise known as the Isle of Wight) with our gorgeous 4 year old son Jamie (who could say Gondor before anything else! :D ). I love painting, drawing, more drawing, reading, watching Movies (huge fan of Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean too :pirate: ), creating pictures on Paintshop Pro, PC games, making bead jewellery, and anything else that's fun! :lol: I probably talk to much, can make a short post into an essay before I've even realised it, change my hair colour at least once a month, hate cooking, love DIY and anything made of chocolate and spend waay to much time infront of my PC, but my knees are pretty messed up so I figure I have a good excuse!! :rofl: Oh, and my mum is your fellow forum pal Sylvania! :D
'Tis a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing... such a little thing...'

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

daughter_of_kings

Mae Govannen!

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:39 am

Welcome to the boards, Ibalissi! :welcome:
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

ibalissi

Re: Mae Govannen!

Post by ibalissi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 am

Thankyou! :D I'm starting at the top and working my way down, so I can see where everything is lol :grin:
'Tis a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing... such a little thing...'

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 am

Well, you are going to be here a while, we have been around since the original boards (and before the closed down me migrated here, as I'm sure your Mom told you!). WELCOME!!!

There is lots to see and discuss. Make yourself at home and join us for the insanity!

Dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 am

You are most welcome ibalissi. :bunny: :sun: :bunny:
Those are lovely photos of your family you posted. :-)
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Thankyou all very much for the warm welcomes :grin:

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Welcome, welcome!! What took you so long? hehehe :lol:
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:04 am

Thanks Tinidril! :D

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 am

Welcome to the family, Ibalissi.

Sounds like you're going to fit in perfectly, with so much in common, including a lovely couple, Rosie and Ic who met here on the forum, and married several years ago.

And one of our members I do believe is from the Isle of White.

Looking forward to viewing your drawings.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 am

Welcome to our 'home' - very pleased to make your acquaintance!
:wave:

Sounds like you're in the right place - and another IoW fan too. I'm jealous, would love to visit there someday. Enjoy posting!
:tea:

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 am

Well I have to add a huge WELCOME!!! to the 'newie' from the Isle of Wight otherwise I will be in mighty big trouble as Ibalissi just happens to be my own dear daughetr!!!! I better not boast about her too much but you will soon see what she is all about only too soon. (Very shy and retiring just like me - :cheer: ) :lol:
CXXXEP

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Sylvania wrote:Well I have to add a huge WELCOME!!! to the 'newie' from the Isle of Wight otherwise I will be in mighty big trouble as Ibalissi just happens to be my own dear daughetr!!!! I better not boast about her too much but you will soon see what she is all about only too soon. (Very shy and retiring just like me - :cheer: ) :lol:
Ha!

I didn't want to give your name out over the web without your permission. So I'm excited to hear that it's your very own daughter.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Many welcomes Ibalissi!!! I'm a big fan of your mum- such a sweet soul! I've no doubt you shall fit in very well here! :hi:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 am

Sylvania wrote:I better not boast about her too much but you will soon see what she is all about only too soon. (Very shy and retiring just like me - :cheer: ) :lol:
Mother!! :shock: I'm trying to reign it in! I have just joined after all :wink: :rofl:

Thankyou very much to everyone who's made me feel very welcome! :-) :grouphug:

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:23 am

Hah - so that's why I thought her picture looked an awful lot like you, Sylvania. :lol: I wondered if she was related - obviously the answer is yes! :tea: