a message to the moderators

Offer ideas and thoughts about these boards. Ask for help. And Stuff.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

leiah

a message to the moderators

Post by leiah » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 am

On the Hobbit blog there was a question if there was a fanclub you could join and than get your name on the DVD. Well missed mine then by one week.
Is it an idea for us (as a fanclub) the be the official Hobbit fanclub
even the most subtle spiders may leave a weak thread. - Gandalf

Primula

Re: a message to the moderators

Post by Primula » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:31 pm

Wouldn't that be cool? I saw your post there just earlier today.

While we're still the same community, we don't hold any of the official licensing, and Decipher's licensing has now expired.

I have no idea if anyone is going to offer that option again - it certainly was a moneymaker for them, I am sure - I wish we had an 'in' with New Line to be able to do such a thing, but alas we don't. (any volunteers to approach New Line?)

If anyone hears of anything on such an offer, by all means post it! :yes:

leiah

Post by leiah » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:40 am

we had some email addresses at the time we protested agains banning PJ from the Hobbit.

Does anyone still have them?
even the most subtle spiders may leave a weak thread. - Gandalf

Lithilien Quicksilver

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 am

Primula wrote: I wish we had an 'in' with New Line to be able to do such a thing, but alas we don't. (any volunteers to approach New Line?)
*snirt* Well, New Line would rather not see my face, honestly, what with their non-fan-friendly reaction to my pre-arranged delivery of the petition, so I don't think I could do it. But, on the other hand... I do have the email for MGM's PR guy, if he's still there, that is. You never know, this was over a year ago.

I can email him and see if there has been any talk about an official fan club for The Hobbit. I have no idea what the license would cost, but you can bet it won't be free.

I don't want to just go do this... the community needs to let me know if they want me to approach MGM.
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:50 am

Well, I think it would be worth at least asking - that way if they have a d'oh! moment they might start something rolling, and if someone else is in the works we might find out about it.

I sincerely doubt we'd be able to even contemplate having the licensing ourselves - it would probably involve being a business as we'd be in the position of collecting money, dealing with lawyers, etc. though I do know how to go about being a non-profit if needed I don't want to wade into taxable waters. On the other hand, I wonder if Dan would be interested in taking a hand in such a thing. Hm!