Just a teensy weensy question

Offer ideas and thoughts about these boards. Ask for help. And Stuff.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

frodosmiss

Just a teensy weensy question

Post by frodosmiss » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:39 am

Not exactly a technical question, but what is txt and nt that shows up on some lines?? Somewhere along the line, someone said "remember txt and nt?" and I wanted to raise my hand and say "I don't!", but the only ones around were my kids and they certainly don't know!! :lol:

Thanks!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

admin
Site Admin

Re: "nt" = no text, "txt" means "cl

Post by admin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:47 am

Well, it was supposed to say "txt" means "click on me for more...", but I guess we still have problems with the subject line length.

Welcome to the boards!

In the old, pre-phpBB Decipher boards, posters would often leave messages that were entirely contained within the subject line -- no text in the message body. Those posts would be labeled "NT" (no-text) as a courtesy so that readers would not have to bother clicking on the message. Conversely, (txt) means there is more text in the message body.

You can't buy acronyms on Ebay, but you can find just about every abbreviation UTS (Under The Sun) at The Acronym Finder. Enjoy!

T

frodosmiss

Re: "nt" = no text, "txt" means "cl

Post by frodosmiss » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Thanks, lotrfa2. I would hate to miss out on anything! I've been on the Decipher boards since November or December of last year and it will take me a while to get a handle on these new "old" boards....but they sure are "purdy"!!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.