Beecake!

Swoon for the actors, actresses and crew of LOTR.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Evelyn

Beecake!

Post by Evelyn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:25 am

I was hunting around and found that we haven't got a thread regarding Billy's amazing squeefully awesomeness in his band, Beecake!

If you search "Beecake" at Youtube, you should be able to find a few samples of their songs. (Billy's voice makes me go nuts every time. Soooo beautiful!)

They have an EP album out right now, which I think you can find on their Myspace page... has anyone gotten it yet?

Here's some random squee-pics! (click for larger)

Image Image Image

:-) :grin: :-)
All that glitters has a high refractive index.

seansbeanie

Re: Beecake!

Post by seansbeanie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Squee!! Billy and his boys have an awesome sound. I've been lucky enough to hear Billy sing in person twice but not with this group. I like them very much! :music:
"Today life is good!"

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Well..............this has certainly made my day!! I'm lovin' it! Thanks so much, Evelyn, for the link! I had no idea, but now, I'm hooked! I think I'm going to get me some cake....... :-)
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Primula

Post by Primula » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:33 am

That's it - we're going to buy the signed Beecake album. I don't normally go for things 'just because of celebrities' - but Billy really does have an amazing voice and this is lovely to listen to.
:sing:

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Isn't it great? I've been listening to the songs at work and heard them in my head all week-end long. 5 songs just aren't enough and I am anxious to hear what they do next. Looks like they were planning to be in the studio this month.

I'm with you, Prim- been seriously considering the signed CD myself.
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Yaaay! We got our CD! It's fabulous (my new favorite song is Friends and Lovers) and I can't wait for them to come out with another one!

*bounces around happily* :pony:

Primula

Post by Primula » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:48 pm

AND it's nicely signed by all the members of the band :grin:

It really is wonderful - we're quite impressed! You know how sometimes you ooh and ahh over something because you like the person doing it even if it's mediocre? Well, this isn't one of those times. He's quite the talented fellow, our Billy. Looking forward to more Beecake - I recommend this one.

I guess the tale of the band's name involves Dom too - he sent Billy pictures of a cake he'd seen while he was visiting Spain. It was outside a bakery and covered in bees all sipping at it -whenever someone wanted a slice, the baker simply brushed the bees aside and cut one for them. Dom thought this was weird enough that he had to carry on about it - and Billy was looking for a band name about then, so there it was. 8)

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:06 pm

I made a Beecake avatar in a fit of artistic squeexcitement. :-)

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:08 pm

I LOVE IT, Evelyn!!! It is absolutely exsqueesite!! I have been hemming and hawing about getting the CD, but you guys pushed me over the line and I'm doing it. Most definitely going to get it autographed. Thanks for the background on the band's name- figures Dom was involved! I'm off for some cake>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :yum:

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Yay for Frodosmiss - a good decision. We were listening to Billy again as we were cleaning house today and he's still wonderful.
:sing:

Evelyn - I *love* that avi!

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:47 am

I love Billy and a friend pointed me at his band. I'm going to get this one too so I can play it at my own home :grin:
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:33 pm

***SQUEE!!!!***

I got my autographed EP from Beecake today!!! It took me a while to get around to ordering it, though I played their songs most every day via internet. It really is BEEutiful and I am so looking forward to their future offerings. Sadly, I'll not likely see them live, so You Tube will have to do. Billy really is quite the talent- singer and songwriter!

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Did you all see Beecake is doing an East Coast tour with stops in NYC and Boston, (and PA and VA, I think?)!

I'm already in NYC for the October 8 and 10th dates, but he'll be in Boston on Sunday the 11th - playing right outside Harvard Square at Passim!
---Tamara
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:48 pm

LUCKY!!!! I would love...Love...LOVE to see them, but alas, so far from my native land of North Dakota.... :sigh: