Hugo Weaving and David Wenham!

Swoon for the actors, actresses and crew of LOTR.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Harthad

Hugo Weaving and David Wenham!

Post by Harthad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 am

What do these 2 actors have in common? Other than being in LotR, they're in the upcoming movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. I'm reading this book series, so I was interested in the movie being made.

Here's the link: http://legendoftheguardians.warnerbros.com/[/url]
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Ringwraith-Wife

Re: Hugo Weaving and David Wenham!

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 am

I like both actors, and their voices are great. The artwork looks promising, and I'm sure it will look spectacular in 3D. I may have to read the book/books before I see it, though.

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 am

Ringwraith-Wife wrote:I like both actors, and their voices are great. The artwork looks promising, and I'm sure it will look spectacular in 3D. I may have to read the book/books before I see it, though.

There's 16 books in all. 8) But what's disappointing is that most movies are in 3D now, and I can't see the 3D aspect of them because of my eye. :(
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I've seen the previews, but didn't know there were books. Harthad, if you've seen the trailers, does it look like the movie is just the first book, or does it look like they've combined several books into the one movie?

If it's just one book, it might be possible for me to read it before seeing the movie... but if it's several, that's highly unlikely.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:43 am

I think they've combined the first 6 books because that's the whole main part about Soren (lead character) and the Pure Ones and the Guardians. But what worries me is that they had no mention of a main setting in the first book that is taken over by the bad guys (the Pure Ones) which leads them to be super powerful. Without that in the movie, I don't know where it will lead. Also, the books are fairly short, being about 100-200 pages each.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Hmmm... the movie might be worth a look.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Tari

Post by Tari » Mon May 30, 2011 9:01 am

I saw the movie and it is well worth the look