Swooning for Ringers: Lord of the Fans

Discuss your other favorite personalities.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Celedor

Swooning for Ringers: Lord of the Fans

Post by Celedor » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:04 am

If any crowd can appreciate the new Ringers DVD, I know it's this one. I'm putting together an e-mail to Cliff Broadway, the man we have to thank for this documentary. I want to thank him and let him know how much his work is appreciated.

What would be great is if I could add on messages from other people. So if you have seen Ringers: Lord of the Fans (or if you're in it!), and you have a message for Cliff, post it here before December 3, and I'll pass it along.

And by the way, if I posted this in the wrong area, I apologize. I'll understand if this topic is moved.

halavana

Re: Swooning for Ringers: Lord of the Fans

Post by halavana » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:03 pm

will post as soon as my DVD arrives! :hi:

Lady of Light

Post by Lady of Light » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:38 pm

Just received mine yesterday but have not had time to watch it yet. I have a sick child home from school and between that and having house guest over the holiday well maybe this week sometime. I met Cliff at the Elf Convention here in Orlando. Nice guy.
One Ring to Rule them All

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future - Galadriel

Lithilien Quicksilver

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:37 pm

Oh my goodness, don't leave Carlene Cordova out! She had at least as much, if not more, to do with Ringers as Cliff did.

I have mine, have watched it (though I already saw it at the Newport Beach Film Festival), showed it to my daughter's family.... great fun.

Then I read this quite uninformed review today at filmcritic.com... Well, see for yourselves:

http://www.filmcritic.com/misc/emporium ... enDocument

I had only a moment, but fired off an email to the reviewer that we do indeed call ourselves Ringers, and with pride. :snooty:

Wish I'd had time for more and better comments, but perhaps some of you will once you've read his review.
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

halavana

Delightful...

Post by halavana » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:15 pm

That's what it is. Absolutely delightful. And that critic Lith mentioned obviously isn't a ringer, otherwise he would know what we call ourselves. I hope he gets a ton of messages from ringers setting him straight.

As for messages to the people responsible for Ringers: Lord of the fans,
I would merely want to say a very big
THANK YOU!!!!

It was the perfect completion to my LotR collection.

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Re: Delightful...

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:01 pm

Yes, I bought it yesterday and watched it immidiatly. It is worth to buy and it's also interesting to see how this awesome story survived all those years and how much it united people from all over the world. I loved that scene when this guy named Jon was teased by Andy Serkis. I had to laugh so loud! Andy certainly is always so funny!
And those costumes! There are people who are real designers with those beautiful outfits. :D
I also liked that story when there was a small theater or pub with all those unknown artists who did a performance for the LOTR books and now they are famous! David Bowie, Marc Bolan and many more.
People, don't hestitate to buy it, because you will never regret it :wink:
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes