Firefly~Serenity

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

sevilodorf

Re: THE SERENITY

Post by sevilodorf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Icarus wrote:Hey, has anyone else seen 2012 yet? It stars somone that I always thought SHOULD have been on Firefly (John Cusack) and the enigmatic Operative! Every time someone disagreed with him, I expected him to pull a sword out and say, "This is an honorable death" :-).

2012, btw, is a really good movie, but more about family separation and moral choices than a good old disaster action romp (can you call a disaster movie a romp? :wink:) John Cusack is great and our boy Chiwetel (say that 3 times fast) is awesome. Porthos (Oliver Platt) does a great job too.

Keep flyin'!
Just got to this movie (second run theater is my more my budget so I run a few months behind) but I thought it was pretty good. So long as you don't go into it expecting all the science to work. Chiwetal did a good job with what he was given.

The real problem was that you just knew Gordon was not going to make it so that the family would be reunited.
The most unusual inn in Ithilien

The Burping Troll

http://burpingtroll.com/index.asp

Traevynn
Location: wandering the woods of Ithilien (somewhere near Seattle)

Post by Traevynn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Been far out in the Black cruisin' the Rim and now docking back home for a spell. My Capissen 38 is needing a catalyzer. :wink:

Here's a bit of laughter and song from Seattle's Sereniversary last September in 2009. I even get a bit of camera time during the costume contest if you watch long enough (I'm acting as MC). Sereniversary at the Wayward

"Stars fall home, this one still could..."
I do not believe this darkness will endure.
--Faramir

Onomir
Site Admin

THE SERENITY

Post by Onomir » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

get out your credit card...er I mean cashy money and check out this site

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-appare ... ture/d3e6/

Is anyone else happy to see the crew all over the puppet theater (TV) these days..I am a happy shipper!
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

daughter_of_kings

THE SERENITY

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:54 am

I :heart: ThinkGeek! My hubby has a t-shirt from them (that I bought for him) that says:

"What Would Jayne Do? (besides bring grenades)"
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Pippin's Sunshine

THE SERENITY

Post by Pippin's Sunshine » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:08 pm

soooo thanks to you guys, I had this in our Netflix que and it came on the instant box last week. Watched all the episodes this weekend as well as Serenity. HOW DID I MISS THIS SHOW?!?! It's awesome :-) Glad to know there's conventions for this show too. I loved the actual series, but wasn't prepared for how dark the movie was, still good though

My favorite part though has to be the music, am planning a download from Amazon when I can spare the $8.

Favorite character is Kaylee--she's crazy

The thing that took Seron by surprise was the "openness" of the Southern drawls. :-P The actors did well with that

DoK and any one else in central TX: maybe we can have Firefly/Serenity at our moot--- hope I can come. We'll be closer then (instead of Nac-o-nowhere), we'll be back in waco hopefully
“I will not bow to this Ranger from the North, last of a ragged house long bereft of lordship”
“Authority is not given to you to deny the Return of the King, Steward!” :gandalf:

sevilodorf

Jayne's shirt

Post by sevilodorf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:41 am

http://store.quantummechanix.com/Sereni ... _p_93.html

they've got a replica of jayne's yellow shirt. A bit on the high price side for a tshirt but then it is Jayne...
The most unusual inn in Ithilien

The Burping Troll

http://burpingtroll.com/index.asp

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Pippin's Sunshine wrote:DoK and any one else in central TX: maybe we can have Firefly/Serenity at our moot
Well, since I personally converted Firiel and Ashlyn into Browncoats, I know they'll be up for a meet within a moot. Who knows... maybe we'll bring the rest of the folks into the 'Verse while we're at it. :D :wink:

@ sevilodorf: SHINY!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:35 am

Firefly/Serenity is welcome at any moot I'm at! Let's plan on it. I know TookFullOfIt won't mind either.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Pippin's Sunshine

Serenity this week!

Post by Pippin's Sunshine » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

via SyFy on Twitter: #Browncoats!!! @Syfy is running #Serenity this Thurs at 6:30pm!! RT Pass it on! #YouCantStopTheSignal! #Firefly #Shiny
“I will not bow to this Ranger from the North, last of a ragged house long bereft of lordship”
“Authority is not given to you to deny the Return of the King, Steward!” :gandalf:

Onomir
Site Admin

CANT STOP THE SERENITY

Post by Onomir » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Sorry bout the lateness of this wave but thought I had better post it

Can't Stop The Serenity 2010
First Planning Meeting is 7pm 04/20/10
We aim to mis-behave!

go here for info on the Portland Browncoats Volunteer doin's

http://forums.pdxbrowncoats.com/index.php?topic=2309.0
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

Onomir
Site Admin

The Perfect Sci-fi

Post by Onomir » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Ya know what happens when you bring three fandoms together, and better still three awesome women, one from each one? The perfect Sci-fi.

SG-1 "The Shroud"

Amanda Tapping - SG-1

Claudia Black - Farscape

Morena Baccarin - Firefly

oh and RDA and a few other guys were in it to...Daniel to the rescue?

Watch and Enjoy at HuLu

http://www.hulu.com/watch/115398/starga ... the-shroud

DoctorGamgee

The Perfect Sci-fi

Post by DoctorGamgee » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks to DoK, I too am now a fan of the defunct series. I have seen all the episodes of Firefly, as well as the movie. It is hard not to compare them, as the series was cut off in the middle and thus had not answered a lot of questions ... which for me made the movie more enjoyable. But I did injoy the show, though kept wondering "How is it that River is seemingly floating on air in that shot?

The characters were well done, and the humor priceless. Since seeing this, I can't help but notice that the captain has gone on to another series (Castle) as well as starring in Green Lantern this summer in the Movie.

A quirky, interesting show. Thanks, DoK for letting me have your DVDs all this time (pm me your addy, and I will return them!).

Dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Onomir
Site Admin

Re: The Perfect Sci-fi

Post by Onomir » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:55 am

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

2010 is upon us and so the chance to do something shiny.

Check the website for your town to see when the BDM is being shown.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:23 am

DoctorGamgee wrote:Thanks to DoK, I too am now a fan of the defunct series.
Shiny! :D

By the way, I see that Jewel Stait will be appearing in the second season of Warehouse 13! squeee!

Traevynn
Location: wandering the woods of Ithilien (somewhere near Seattle)

Post by Traevynn » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Hope you get the chance to go to the Portland shindig this weekend, Onomir! I have to miss it this year because of the planning I still have to do for Seattle's Can't Stop the Serenity event in a couple weeks (EEK!). www.cstsseattle.org
Drink some Mudders' Milk for me and say hi to the PDX Browncoats for me.
Aim to misbehave!
:hi:
I do not believe this darkness will endure.
--Faramir