Anybody interested in a little Lost???

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Anybody interested in a little Lost???

Post by lindorie » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:54 pm

I've 'watched' most of the episodes (usually being in the room with it on and typing away on the computer) but tonight I got to thinking about a couple of things that I just noticed for the first time.

The episode tonight was when Michael went looking for Walt and then ther flashbacks to Michael getting Walt from his adopted father's house.

The adoptive father said something that struck me. I don't remember hearing it before, but knowing now about the cliffhanger at season's end, I stopped and thought 'wow'. He said something like, "There's something different about Walt. Things...happen...when he's around." Then knowing that the crazy french woman said that they were coming for the boy...strange.

While I'm contemplating those, my sister said, "Did you notice what was in the comic book he was reading?" I hadn't because i was watching something else and had just walked into the room looking for something and saw just those few seconds. She said..., "a polar bear."

Now I'm wondering if the whole show is just something in Walt's imagination. Any other ideas?

Ladyhawk Baggins

Re: Anybody interested in a little Lost???

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:57 pm

Ooooo now that's an interesting thought. Yes, I did notice that particular line the first time around and the way that bird drops dead on the balcony and how strange things do seem to happen around Walt. Chills. When the French woman said they wanted the boy, I immediately thought of Walt. Or did it all happen simply because they wanted Walt... sudden chills.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Laiquendi

Post by Laiquendi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:03 am

It's just started in the U.K. last night!!!! :o 8)

We got the first 3 episodes all in a row. It's great to see all the clues and hints from the beginning and how the characters grow and change :P

Even managed to get the rest of my family hooked on it! Everyone's talking about it this morning :big grin:
Don't blame me for the size of my ego, it's just proportionate to the size of my genius! :grin:

Franny_86

Post by Franny_86 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:39 pm

It has already started again in UK Lai? *jealous* I can't wait to see more!! :shock:
the last I saw was when...no, maybe that's a spoiler. better not say anything in case someone is even more after than I am! :shock:

anyway, that's a really interesting thought lind!! I've never thought about it, I just saw that there was a polar bear in his comic book and I found that a little strange...it is very possible! :shock:
though I hope not. I almost still have nightmares about when we for a second or two were supposed to think everything that had happened in Sunset Beach was a dream!
I mean, if it is all a dream, or just in a boy's imagination, then we've watched it for no reason, if you know what I mean! :shock: :shock:
*~And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. ~*

hobbitgirly

Post by hobbitgirly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:43 pm

Heheh no franny lost just started in the UK we were both first 8)

Walt is really special, like he was readinga bird when his mum and stephdad were talkinga nd the bird flew into the window.
But that with the comicbook is weord too, and especially the ending woth walt :o
(':music:')Lord of the rings

Suddenly I see......

Strange Elf

Not the best program to watch in a tenhour flight

Post by Strange Elf » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:01 pm

I just flew Virgin Atlantic to England and back (from the USA) and LOST was on both trips. Not just LOST, but the first episode, where the crash happens. Not what I would call good viewing while you're up in the air for ten hours :pray: .

I did notice the Poalr Bear in the comic. but then I think they are all a bit weird. Something going on in each of their lives that is interesting. Take Locke for instance, now he's weird.

Does anyone know when the new season starts?
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Avondster

Somehow I always knew Walt was important... (txt)

Post by Avondster » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:07 pm

They all tried to distract us with Turniphead... um, I mean Aaron, but I think Walt is the key to a great many things. Though Aaron must have an essential part in it as well.

What I am afraid of when it comes to Aaron, is that prophecy from the psychic, that only Claire can raise him, or darkness will surround him. Right now I am fearing something will happen to Claire, and Charlie will be forced to take care of Aaron, and bad things will happen to him.

They've stopped LOST here after only 13 episodes. Blegh! I have, however, looked at whatever recap, review, screencap and clip I could find, so I can at least know what's happening. *throws rocks at Dutch tv people*
"I'm a Hobbit, and I know I can't save Middle-Earth. I just want to help my friends. More than anything I wish I could see them again."
- Merry, 'The Return of the King' Extended Edition

hobbitgirly

Re: Somehow I always knew Walt was important... (txt)

Post by hobbitgirly » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:07 am

I just looked at the site of net 5 and they say lost will start in september!!! :yay: But if you want to see sooner on the lost-forum.com are ways to download all episodes.
I have already seen them all, be prepared, it's great!!

Suddenly I see......

AliveWithoutBreath

Oh yeah, I remember this...

Post by AliveWithoutBreath » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:16 pm

I usually wasn't watching the Lost reruns, but I happened to see the one you are all talking about. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I'd already seen it. I looove LOST... :big grin: I can't wait to see the new episodes (although I can wait for everything else in September... yeesh. I can wait a while.)

Yeah, all that stuff with Walt making things happen... my mom suspected that Walt was making everything happen, as well, like how he 'saw' the knife fly into the tree. Although he does not make everything happen on purpose... but why would he cause the plane to crash? Unhappiness towards the situation he was spun into resulting from his mom's death, his Brand New dad, and all that? Such instabilities are supposed to be the secret identities of poltergeists, so Walt may end up being the cause of other of the show's phenomena as well. Maybe. I dunno. Is that relevant?What I talking about again??

Uh, anyway, my mom also pointed out something weird to me: there is a suspiciously high number of parallels between the show Lost and Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower' series. I can't remember all of them now. I'll ask mom about it and then report back, I hope. I do remember a boy with psychic powers and his animal buddy, a creature called a billybumbler, some sort of intelligent raccoon with the ability to speak words like a parrot. (Awww... :swoon: ) That reminded me of Walt and Vincent, the dog... hehe... :D

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Re: Oh yeah, I remember this...

Post by lindorie » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:28 pm

Hmm, how old is Walt??? Maybe he's due to get a letter from Hogwarts. Harry used to make things happen without meaning to, too. :wink:

hobbitgirly

Re: Oh yeah, I remember this...

Post by hobbitgirly » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:06 am

:lol: lindorie.
I don't think walt caused rge plane to crash, it think it was the island, how weird that sounds :???:
There were some rumours about a episode from vincent's(dog) point of view not sure if that's true.

Suddenly I see......

Avondster

Aaah, HG! You tempted me in a very evil way... (txt)

Post by Avondster » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:17 pm

As I have said on various occasions: I am very much against downloading anything that would cause me to steal food from people's plates.

However, as those bleeps over at net5 are determined not to catch up with the Americans when it comes to LOST, thus leaving me to drink up all the tantalising glimpses I can get on the internet, I finally decided to make an exception when you gave that link.

And lo! I was punished instantly, for that site, according to the page I get, is curently 'cleaning out the forums' until August 23. My guess is that by that time, all shortcuts to illegal downloading will be erased. Woe!
"I'm a Hobbit, and I know I can't save Middle-Earth. I just want to help my friends. More than anything I wish I could see them again."
- Merry, 'The Return of the King' Extended Edition

hobbitgirly

mwuhaha

Post by hobbitgirly » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:36 am

I do agree with you on that one avondster, if everyone would download things there wouldn't be movies and music in a while, cause artists don't have money to produce new albums, and same with producers for movies.
That's why I always buy real dvd's!
Sometimes I do watch them from other people, but then I will buy them anyway.
And I will buy the lost on dvd when it comes out (when will that be :huh: )and I still watch it when it comes on tv again :yay: cause I could see the show many many times more.
So they won't miss out on any money with me.
But just one person isn't enough, cause there are people who only watch copy's and never real ones or go to movie theaters :(

Yes the site is down for a while, they are making it ready for the next season, still can't wait till it gets back on tv :swoon:

Suddenly I see......

Ruby1

Re: mwuhaha

Post by Ruby1 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:56 pm

I loe Lost. I can't wait untill the new season starts, I'm dying to know what's going to happen next. And what's Charlie going to do with those drugs he found? I hope he stays clean, he's been doing so well. I'm deffinantly going to buy season 1 on DVD. Does anyone know when it's going to be available? I forget, but I think it's sometime in September.
Last edited by Ruby1 on Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Me go see Elves and all! Hooray!"
- Samwise Gamgee

hobbitgirly

Re: mwuhaha

Post by hobbitgirly » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:28 am

:shhh: not everyone knows :wink:
But I'm really curious too :o
Especially about Walt :o

Suddenly I see......