Anyone read David and Leigh Eddings?

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

eowynmaiar

Anyone read David and Leigh Eddings?

Post by eowynmaiar » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:47 pm

I love David Eddings books. His writing has a distinct familiarity and humour. They are such good books and I definitely enjoy reading them more than any other book (except LOTR, that's a tough one to choose between, so I won't). At the moment I've read the Belgariad, the Mallorean, Belgarath the Sorcerer, Polgara the Sorceress, the Rivan Codex, the Elenium, the first two books of the Dreamers and the first two books of the Tamuli. I'm reading the last book of the Tamuli at the moment so please, anyone who's read it, don't tell me the end. 8) I just think that David Eddings is the greatest author alive! :D (note: Tolkien is dead- God rest his soul. And he'll always be in his own special class.)

PS. For anyone who hasn't read a David Eddings book, you need to read one (and then you won't be able to stop, mwahahahahahaha!!!!! :twisted: ) Star with either Pawn of Prophecy or the Diamond Throne and if you can't get into them then read Belgarath the Sorcerer. (Look, I'm planning your reading for yuo, isn't that helpful of me? :grin: )
~~Eowynmaiar~~

*R.I.P. Duane*

Ladyhawk Baggins

Re: Anyone read David and Leigh Eddings?

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:12 am

I loved the Belgarath, but it's been ages since I read it. But I definitely still remember Polgara! :-)
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Bregalad

I have the entire Belgariad set...txt

Post by Bregalad » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:48 pm

all five books, plus a couple from the Ellenium. But at some point I got distracted and went off in another direction. I will get back to the series some day. Oh, so many books and so little time! :read: