Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

sarahstitcher

Re: Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows

Post by sarahstitcher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:52 pm

I loved it, also saw it in regular 2-d, have NO inclination to see anything in 3-d.
It made me think, why didn't they start breaking the books into two movies, oh, around book 3 or 4? Finally a movie that didn't feel rushed and skippy.
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

Very well said, SarahStitcher, my sentiments exactly. :yes:

Old Toby

Post by Old Toby » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:02 am

I'm counting down to DH Part 2! I didn't even read any of the books until I finally saw The Order of the Phoenix in the theaters. Then I borrowed all the movies from a friend, then I bought and read all the books. I love both the films and the books equally. The ending chapters of book 7 were incredibly exciting, and I can't wait to see it all on film. My friends and I will be going in full costume of course! Expelliarmus! :grin:
"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." - Harry Dresden

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 am

I am getting anxious, too. I plan on buying our tickets tomorrow, payday.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:32 am

I have to wait until the 22nd. :mutter: My sister won't be back from her vacation until then, and we're going together. At least I don't have to worry about having the end spoiled for me. I already know how it ends. :grin:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Got our tickets for next Friday at 4 pm :D

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 am

So excited! And also hoping to watch some of LeakyCon stuff soon. :) I can't see the movie in 3D because of my blind eye, so I'm with the people who are going to see it in 2D! I'm most excited for the Snape flashback.
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Rohirrim Eored

Post by Rohirrim Eored » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:14 am

Saw it, loved it! We went to the 2D version on Sat. Not very many people, but I still heard some crying lol. Hubby slept thru parts of it, the man could sleep thru artillary fire. He liked it, he was just tired. They crammed so much in. Was happy to see that they kept in Mrs. Weasley's line to Bellatrix. Definitely PG13 for the violence and blood.

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 am

Loved it! Very true to the book, with a few minor changes. I don't think I will see anything in 3d unless it is actually filmed in 3-d. Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3d and wan't impressed. That was all added in 3d. Not worth the extra money for the ticket.

Same for films not actually filmed in IMAX. They're just really big screens, otherwise, and not worth the
money.

Old Toby

Post by Old Toby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 am

LOVED IT!!! Me and my friends had our own Premier Party: we went to the show in costume, then went to a restaurant afterwards where we had a trivia contest with great prizes and party favors! Here's a photo of some of us waiting in line at the theater.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." - Harry Dresden

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm

I saw it! Really, really cool. Very epic. However, I didn't really like the Voldy/Harry fight at the end--the book was better. But when Voldy hugged Draco--weird--that was funny. And did anyone catch his strange little laugh at that part, too? :rofl: I think they could have done more with Aberforth and wrapped up the Dumbledore story better--it just leaves you hanging a bit. And yay for Mrs. Weasley! That was an epic moment. The whole movie was epic. :P
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Froda Baggins

Post by Froda Baggins » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Epic is right, Harthad! I just got back from seeing it myself. Loved it. More thoughts on it when I've gathered them, perhaps. Right now I'm just basking in the delight of a truly wonderful cinematic experience. :-)
:ent:

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Loved it!! It was my first time watching 3-D. The added depth was amazing. I never had the sense of it coming out at me, but scenes like at the beginning, when Snape is standing at the window, it seemed so real with the outer wall, him, and then the wall behind him. There were things I missed, and things I was very glad they included. It was brilliant.
:stars:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Robin Gamgee

Post by Robin Gamgee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Harthad wrote:. And did anyone catch his strange little laugh at that part, too?

I know! While I was watching it, I was completely absorbed in the intense suspense of the movie until Voldy's weird laugh through me off. :rofl:
"I fear it may be so with mine," said Frodo. "There is no real going back. Though I may come to the Shire, it will not seem the same; for I shall not be the same. I am wounded with knife, sting, and tooth, and a long burden. Where shall I find rest?"

Robin Gamgee

Post by Robin Gamgee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Harthad wrote:. And did anyone catch his strange little laugh at that part, too?

I know! While I was watching it, I was completely absorbed in the intense suspense of the movie until Voldy's weird laugh through me off. :rofl:
"I fear it may be so with mine," said Frodo. "There is no real going back. Though I may come to the Shire, it will not seem the same; for I shall not be the same. I am wounded with knife, sting, and tooth, and a long burden. Where shall I find rest?"