The Cape

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

JimboBaggins

The Cape

Post by JimboBaggins » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Any takers on The Cape?
I watched the premier last week, obviously nothing better to do with my time.

It was "okay" to a point. Comic book inspired and comic book in delivery but ya know, I like comic books.

I go back to 1963 with my friend Jackie reading FF, Spidey, Hulk, Thor and the host of others, sitting on the front porch with our 10 cent comics taking us places outside of the "Drop and Cover" nuclear threat of the time.

The cast was adequate and it shows potential to last more than a few episodes. NBC is headed by a bunch of morons(see, Heroes) so we'll see if it lasts. With a little extra punch in the writing it could be better and make it a full season.
Another episode tonight, we'll see.
What does ya'll think?
JB
"But I wish Bilbo could have seen Treebeard: how we shall manage to describe him to the old hobbit, if ever we get back, I can't think."

AnnaEstel

Re: The Cape

Post by AnnaEstel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Saw it. Hubby is a comic book fan, and since this looked very comic book, we tried it out. He didn't hate it. I, however, am not a huge comic book fan, so I thought, "yeah, it's a comic" and took a nap. But, he said it wasn't bad.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 am

Hubby and I watched the premiere... episode 2 is still on the DVR. Yes, it's very comic bookish, but it's mildly interesting and the writers put some very funny lines into it, so we've agreed to keep watching for now and see what happens.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

agape4rivendell

Post by agape4rivendell » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Odd that I saw your post. I was just talking about this with my son.

I grew up with comic books. Loved them - and, being from Cleveland, loved Superman....

But I turned this off halfway through. The quality was not good, the acting didn't seem to be inspired, and the story was dull.

IMHO
'There will be only one Steward in Gondor, so long as I am King. I will have you as my Steward, or I will have none." PlasticChevy - The Captain and the King