TV Adaptation LOTR Scotland

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Onomir
Site Admin

TV Adaptation LOTR Scotland

Post by Onomir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm

New TV series brewin’
Huge Budget
https://www.thenational.scot/news/17424 ... TA1IqqrdAc
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

FredO
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (looks like Minas Tirith on a good day)

Re: TV Adaptation LOTR Scotland

Post by FredO » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 am

UPDATE: turns out the TORN news was the trailer for Tolkien the biopic coming out in May. Daisy Gold posted a link so no need to repeat it here. Looks interesting.

TORN has been covering this since Amazon bought the rights. They are having some kind of special announcement tomorrow. I wonder if this isn't that news - well done Onomir!
If I read the cards correctly it would seem Amazon is bent on telling the book as written. With that much money behind the project I have my fingers crossed. :D
Last edited by FredO on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Real Ringers Read The Book
:wink:

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 am

Interesting!

I had not heard a single thing, so grateful for both of these posts.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:40 am

It may be Amazon is looking at various locations for their tv lotr. I don,t mind that. GOT went to many countries for their series. It would be somewhere new for me to imagine on the M E map. NEw Zealand is a lovely country and it is in my mind as Middle Earth but I am open to new experiences.

IF young Aragorn,s travel adventures are to feature somewhere in the series that should mean new countries of M E. So why not try new places not just those in New Zealand.

I think this would be an opportunity for Amazon to visit places near or part of the country were Professor Tolkien lived, as kind of homage to him.
What do you think?

Scotland is a lovely country, especially the Highlands. This week I went to see the film Mary Queen of Scots. it was interesting and enjoyable, costumes and make-up seemed most authentic to me. ANd the film,s locations were the beautiful vistas of Scotland.
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.