Home Decorating

Inspiration in any form.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Rosie

Home Decorating

Post by Rosie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:24 pm

I hope these photos aren't too big, let me know if they are! I havent had much time to do anything with my new house, but here are a few before & after paint jobs. The original kitchen was cute & rustic...but terribly filthy & greasy.

I decided to use sunflowers as my inspiration and painted the cupboards green & white with a rustic brown antiquing technique. Then I did the walls gold & put in a black slate-like floor, and added a few LOTR stencils in bronze.

My daughter who is 13 has been dying to paint stripes on her walls, so I finally gave in, gave her masking tape, a yardstick & some paint and let her go at it. She did a terrific job!! It needs a few minor touch-ups, but I love the shabby cottage look it ended up with. I was really proud of her! :D

Heres a before & after shot. :clap:

Elfriend

Re: Home Decorating

Post by Elfriend » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Rosie, that kitchen transformation is absolutely wonderful! You did a beautiful job! And those nice shiny pots look wonderful hung there, too.

Your daughter's room reminds me of a before and after I cut out of a magazine once and put in my idea scrapbook. It was a boys room and made to look like a bedoin (sp?) tent - so it had the stripes up the walls and the sloped ceiling like that. She did a great job!
For dark they stand all woods there be must end at last and see the open sun go past ~ JRRT

Primula

Re: Home Decorating

Post by Primula » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:50 pm

I love your kitchen - and hey, we have the same oven! :carryme:

Sounds like she is a chip off the ol' block inheriting your creative spirit, I love what she did with her room - it looks so unique this way. :yes: Great pics - I love seeing what everyone else's homes look like, it's almost like getting to visit.

Rosie

Re: Thanks! :-)

Post by Rosie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:04 pm

They wouldn't have been my original colors of choice, but free paint is good, and those colors were sitting in my garage. I think the pots are still shiny because I rarely use them. :lol:
When we moved in we had this nasty, disgusting stove that looked like it had years of heavy use cooking greasy food, and it didn't work. My mother in law got us a new one for Christmas. :yay: