I'm Back... Kind of...

Inspiration in any form.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Ringwraith-Wife

I'm Back... Kind of...

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:27 pm

I've been away from the fun here, preparing for an art studio tour. It happened this weekend, and although I enjoyed it... I'm glad that it's over with.

Because I work in a very small space, and at the dining room table and sitting on my bed, even... I couldn't invite folks to traipse through THAT!
So I repainted & reworked my first floor, and now I have a small but very nice ( for me ) new studio. It's on the wrong side of the house... facing south, instead of north, but you are talking to someone who once had her "studio" set up in a closet... so I don't think it will be a problem.

I've set it up so that I cartoon in one area, paint & draw in another and have a wide area with several tables for my assemblage, kind of in the middle. I'm not going to bore you with LOTS of photos, because I took tons, except at the opening... but this is my new space, set up for the tour.

The opening exhibit, (and my 66th birthday party) took place Friday, at OPUS 40 in the Catskill Mtns. The artist who built it, did so over 40 years time... It looks so small here... but it's HUGE!

I forgot my camera, so I'll have to post party pics some other time.

My place isn't nearly as impressive, and as you can see... my bluestone has yet to be laid. This used to be the back door... the house is 3 stories, built into the mountain.

I have 2 stone fireplaces... this one has a bee-hive oven... built in around 1785. The Barber chair is my cartoon area... the table in the middle with "stuff" on it is usually against the wall and I use it for assemblage... I put up The Ringer and friends... most people were unaware that I 've been doing it.

I'm going to add pictures of my new bathroom... I can't resist... It's quite small, and the tub is Hobbit sized... and had to be fit inside the other fireplace in order to get it in.

I have no shame... the pic which included the T.P. roll was the best one.

Now I have to get back working on the rest of the house.
As for the studio... will this enable me to do better work? You will have to judge... I went down this morning to actually work in it on a regular basis. I started work on this weeks RINGER.
:grin:

Lithilien Quicksilver

I'm Back... Kind of...

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm

How lovely to see you! And what a lovely place you have... I love that the Ringer comics are along that wall, proudly displayed.

Hope you feel rested enough soon to be back with us in full force.
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

Ringwraith-Wife

Re: I'm Back... Kind of...

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi, Dear Lady... :hi: very nice to hear from you... the poor little Ringers are back in their portfolio, even as we speak... My "Chick" will come down tomorrow, and go back to its regular home upstairs. I want to put cork or homesote on that wall... That is the only place in the whole room where I can work on larger canvas, and I have one that I need to start on Thursday. I'm going to pin it right to the wall until the cork comes in. All the little "sale things" will go back into the cabinets until I can put them on Etsy or eBay, and my books will go into the new bookshelves.
( I can't wait. ) I've put my LOTR books & calendars up already. It's beginning to look like "home". Two more jobs to go... I almost wish I didn't have to take anymore for a while, after these are done for the end of September. :sigh: