Lore of the Ring ~ 2010Year-end Grand Prize Winners!!!

It's Tolkien's world, we just play with it.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Middle-Earth Scribe
Location: the Library in Rivendell or the archives in Minas Tirith

Post by Middle-Earth Scribe » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm

The time has come for the Year-End Lore Prize drawings. Points have been tabulated, numbers assigned and now, with the help of a Random Number generator, the winners have been determined.

Out of a total of 303 total points, spanning 5 Lore contests, 8 different players with 17 total entries (anywhere from 2 to 5 per game), and points ranging from 13 to 89 each, it all comes down to this . . .

It is with the greatest pleasure that I announce that the Grand Prize winner is . . .
  • Ladyhawk Baggins!!

and, that the runner-up is . . .
  • Icarus

The prizes available have been posted on the Scrapbook Lore page. The Grand Prize winner will get first pick from the prizes available, and the runner-up gets to choose from those remaining ... ... or, should they so desire, they may decide not to receive a prize at all.

The winners will need to send an email to me with their choice of prize (and the address to send it to), and, should it be necessary, I will let the runner-up know if they need to reselect (in other words, if they picked the same one as the GP winner)!

The Middle-Earth Scribe (aka the MES … or t’MES when I’ve got my fandoms mixed up!),
Ashlyn

PS: If you have any suggestions for future prizes, or any suggestions for increasing participation in the game, just drop me a pm or an email with "Lore Prize/Game Suggestion" in the subject box.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:52 pm

YAYYY!! Congrats to Ladyhawk Baggins and Icarus!! Enjoy your prizes! BIG thank you to our MES for all her hard work this past year! You've been a mighty fine loremaster!!! :-) :-) :-)
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:47 am

Indeed!

Congratulations Ladyhawk and Icarus! :yay: :yay:

Thanks and a big :grouphug: to MES, for doing such a great job running this contest!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:06 am

Congratulations to our winners! Excellent job!
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Primula

Post by Primula » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:38 am

Yay! Good job, all! And good job to our Scribe who has kept the Lore alive as well! :bunny:

suzie-sheelf

Post by suzie-sheelf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:28 pm

sorry about the late entry, but Congratulations to you both. And to the MES as well a job well done.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

Ladyhawk Baggins

Re: Lore of the Ring ~ 2010Year-end Grand Prize Winners!!!

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm

:shock: Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness!! :stars: Thank you!! Decisions, decisions...
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Woo-hoo! :-)

Nothing like greed to break a person out of their exile, huh? ;-)

Actually, if you saw the emails tMES and I exchanged, you'd know it was more than that 8) :!:

But very exciting! And hopefully I will be able to get back into the swing of things here now that other things have settled out.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." – Thomas Jefferson

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Icarus wrote:Woo-hoo! :-)

Nothing like greed to break a person out of their exile, huh? ;-)

Actually, if you saw the emails tMES and I exchanged, you'd know it was more than that 8) :!:

But very exciting! And hopefully I will be able to get back into the swing of things here now that other things have settled out.
What Icarus said. :-)
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins