Amy Player, Mr. Frodo, Jordan Wood, Bit of Earth scam etc etc etc

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

jan-u-wine

Amy Player, Mr. Frodo, Jordan Wood, Bit of Earth scam etc etc etc

Post by jan-u-wine » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:12 am

Well, I'm sorry that I've lost touch over the years with this forum and all you lovely hobbits, elves, dwarves, and men/women......

And I do hope that no matter where the Road has swept you off to....that's it's been nothing but a good and safe sweeping.

I'm here as we come to the almost-end of the year because (and I'm surely well behind the times), I became aware (pretty belatedly, but nevertheless) that the con artist known to most on this forum as "Mr. Frodo", (aka Amy Player, Victoria Bitter, ad infinitum and nauseum) and involved in the years-ago Bit of Earth scam is now known as Andrew Blake and is publishing books on Tolkien and also on Harry Potter. (perhaps others, too, but I could not confirm that).

I'm posting this here since I'm no longer on LJ (which is where I felt it might do the most good) and hope that those who remember this whole debacle might spread the word. AB, in all her/his forms is, at least, a con artist.

".....I look East, West, North, South, and I do not see Sauron; but I see that Saruman has many descendants. We hobbits have against them no magic weapons. Yet, my gentle hobbits, I give you this toast: To the Hobbits! May they out last the Sarumans and see Spring again in the trees". (J.R.R. Tolkien, Holland, 1958)

(I thought this quote appropriate to the post....and...it's simply a lovely quote)

Happy holidays to all of you. And here is to a rewarding and challenging 2022 (I'm quite certain that, at the least, it will be the latter. We should start brushing up our toes *now*). Best wishes, always!
"...here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not, 'This is a misfortune,' but 'To bear this worthily is a good fortune.'"

Marcus Aurelius

Onomir
Site Admin

Re: Amy Player, Mr. Frodo, Jordan Wood, Bit of Earth scam etc etc etc

Post by Onomir » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:15 am

Thanks for the needed update and warning.
�Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."