Subject Line??

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daughter_of_kings

Subject Line??

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:54 am

*raises hand*
'Scuse me... newbie here... wasn't around for the old boards... so would somebody please tell me exactly how the subject line thingy and TXT / NT are supposed to work? And is there a difference between the reply button at the top of the post (next to Quote) and the one at the bottom (in the same line with email, PM, etc.)??
Thanks.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

fellowshipfan

Re: Subject Line??

Post by fellowshipfan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:00 am

daughter_of_kings wrote:*raises hand*
'Scuse me... newbie here... wasn't around for the old boards... so would somebody please tell me exactly how the subject line thingy and TXT / NT are supposed to work? And is there a difference between the reply button at the top of the post (next to Quote) and the one at the bottom (in the same line with email, PM, etc.)??
Thanks.
On the old boards, if someone wanted to just say one little thing, they would put it in the subject line and then put NT (no text) behind it so people would not click on it and not find a message inside. If everything you wanted to say did not fit in the subject line TXT (text) was put (or just nothing at all, or....) to let people know there was more to it. I have noticed with these boards that you have to always put something in the text box to post the message, and so when I have a NT message I put a :D in my text box so it will let me post. But thinking about it, I could type the exact same line in the text box as well, for the people who use the flat view. I hope any of this helps! :D :D
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Primula

Post by Primula » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:44 am

Thanks, Fellowshipfan. :up:

Yup. And we hope to eventually tweak this so it will allow posts with subject-line only, but for now you have to at least drop in a smilie or something, as well as trying to figure how we can make the subject line more noticeable. The list goes on!

The reply button at top and bottom are identical - we just added one at the bottom so if it was a long post, you didn't have to scroll clear up to the top again in order to reply. 8)

daughter_of_kings

Thank you...

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:27 pm

Fellowshipfan and Primula!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Lithilien Quicksilver

Ah, the Return of the NT! Feels more like home every day. nt

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:24 pm

:grin:
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

fellowshipfan

Ah yes! (((NT))) I think it was Bluebell....txt

Post by fellowshipfan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:51 pm

who filled me in on them on the old boards. :D
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

gentle-giant

Post by gentle-giant » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:52 pm

thanks for the question ... and thanks to all for the clarification ...

or, as Samwise Gamgee might say ... *pip* ....

"I think I'm gettin' the hang of it!"

*pip* is g-g talk for "pardon if paraphrased" ... COULD be *ppip* - to include a please - but *pip* just looks better ....
Vayn ... to Iris:

"Do I think you mad? No, merely...obsessed. Still, ofttimes...the path leading from obsession to madness is both short and true."

loverofhobbits

Post by loverofhobbits » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:08 pm

I'm new to all of this too DoK, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I switch between the flat view and the thread view, but it's working quite well. Prim, thanks for all of this!! :D :D :grin: :D :D
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
-Henry Van Dyke
If music be the food of love, play on: give me excess of it...
-Shakespeare