Stage IV Cancer - Update November 2018

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

Re: Continued blessings of good health

Post by daisy gold » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Wonderful news Strange Elf. I am so happy for you.
You have often been in my thoughts and I continue to pray for you in church.
God bless you dear Strange Elf.

Sorry I can't help with the avatar..... I don't know much about computers.
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Unfortunately, our profile pages are now so far out of date they are no longer functioning and I haven't found a way to fix that access at this point. Photobucket really messed a lot of people up when they so suddenly closed down their free services.
:|

BUT - I've found a moderator can go into a personal account and select a new avatar from the ones we have available here at the board, so there's that option at least. I've just given you a Leggy, Strange, I hope that helps! :archer:

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Oh, I LOVE my new avatar.

Thank you so much Prim.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Your prayers and others are working, Daisy Gold. Today I celebrate FOUR YEARS with NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE - NED.

I have passed my 'expiration date' and I'm feeling on top of the world.

How blessed and how happy am I.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed May 09, 2018 4:05 pm

That is fabulous news!!!
:yay: :stars: :confetti: :sun: :cheer:

I'm all clear so far as well, though mine wasn't as severe as yours was it's still a pleasant thing to have gone.

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm

It's Cancer, Prim. I don't care what the stage, if you have Cancer, its no walk in the park. And, we all live with the fear of recurrence.

I am so happy to hear you are clear. May we both continue to be so, for many, many a year.

Strange Elf

A bit of a scare

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:44 am

I had a bit of a scare with my last blood work, with the numbers rising. My Oncologist ordered a CT Scan, which I had last week, and it showed No Evidence of Disease. YAY!

Still, I won't be totally settled until my next blood test and Onc visit on December 17th. When the Cancer spread to the liver, a CT Scan didn't pick it up, and I had to have a PET Scan, which showed a 2.2 cm tumor, so I'm a bit wary of the CT.

So, my next report, December 18th. Here's hoping for a Happy Christmas - and a happy 60th birthday on the 22nd.

daisy gold

A bit of a scare

Post by daisy gold » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 am

That was a shock for you Strange elf. I can understand why you are wary. Hoping further scans will be clear and the news good.
You are such a wonderful positive person. I admire the way you have dealt with your cancer and treatments.

Your birthday and Christmas will give you something to look forward to. Is your 60th this month, November? Join the club. 8)

You are always in my prayers Strange elf.
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

frodosmiss

Re: A bit of a scare

Post by frodosmiss » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:36 pm

It's been far too long since I've been home and I see you had a scare several months ago. How are you doing, Strange Elf??
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.