Keep safe and healthy friends

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

Keep safe and healthy friends

Post by daisy gold » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:32 am

Greetings dear friends,

These are indeed challenging times. As Biblo would say “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.”
I hope you and your loved ones are keeping well. I know many will be worrying about their families,work and money and other matters.
I can only wish everyone well and pray for you all.

I am now self-isolating due to age and medical conditions. I will only go out to collect my medicines.
Living alone, I can handle this isolation for some time but the thought of 3 to 4 months our government advises is another matter.
To keep in touch, I use What’s App and Facebook. We are fortunate to have such devices, tools and thingys to use.
Really powerful tools to help us keep in touch and be informed.

It would be lovely if we could use our wonderful Boards to chat and help if we can. To help keep us sane and hopeful.
What say you? Maybe ideas of how we spend our time indoors etc,
I will begin by saying I am watching the Lord of the Rings films again, then will follow with The Hobbit.
I also crochet animals. How long this will keep me busy? I don't know.

love and blessings,stay safe everyone.

Daisy Gold
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

MiddleEarthMunchkin

Re: Keep safe and healthy friends

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 pm

I remembered today is the anniversary of Frodo destroying the Ring and decided to pop in here.

Glad to see you well, Daisy Gold. The last few weeks have been surreal and stressful. So many family plans have been cancelled. For safety, of course, but 2020 was supposed to have been a good year with a lot to look forward too, and poof! I'm a bit worried about finding a job in this sudden new job market but also grateful that I can stay safe at home for the moment, for a bit longer. I'll be turning 40 this year, and healthy, but I'm still worried about catching this virus. It's dangerous to folks of all ages, I've read.

I'm reminded of Frodo's dialogue - "I wish this hadn't happened in my time" and Gandalf's answer, "So do all who live in such times. But that is not for us to do decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."