Merry Texas Moot, 2018

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

AnnaEstel

Merry Texas Moot, 2018

Post by AnnaEstel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 am

Well would you believe the 2015 Moot was the last one before the one I’m posting about now? Life has a terrible way of getting in the way sometimes. But, thanks to Doctor Gamgee, we did Moot again in 2018! He had as many of us as could come out to his place in early December. A couple folks who planned to come proved unable to attend (we missed you!). Daughter of Kings fell ill at the last minute, and Frodosmiss had another obligation. Doc was there and myself, also Ashlyn and Lindorie. My kids and Docs were also there. We were able to video chat with Frodosmiss though.

I arrived late on Friday. Everyone else got started Thursday. As usual, wonderful food was had by all. Doc made his famous black cherry cake, and also some candiied citrus slices and buckeyes. Ashlyn made stuffed mushrooms and French onion soup. And other goodies, but I missed those due to my tardiness. My contribution was breakfast.

Frodosmiss sent us a wonderful care package full of goodies from her home state, and Lindorie shared some of her LOTR collection with us as well. We had guitar and piano music. And Ashlyn, who is of course also our Middle Earth Scribe, provided us with some VERY challenging Lore questions. She mostly had us entirely stumped!

I believe a good time was had by all. And I’m hoping we’ll be able to do it again, though I don’t know when or where. When we do, we’ll be sure to let folks know! As always, we’d love for anyone to join us!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Linaewen
Site Admin

Merry Texas Moot, 2018

Post by Linaewen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 am

I'd like to attend a moot sometime! We had a few up here near Chicago many years back, where we'd go to the RennFaire together, but I haven't been to a gathering for some time now. Thanks for keeping us posted!
"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?...One day, our paths will lead us there." -- Boromir, Lord of Gondor

DoctorGamgee

Merry Texas Moot, 2018

Post by DoctorGamgee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 pm

It was nice to have the hobbit hole filled with folks, food, and festivities. Here's hoping that others can join us. Our usual spot in Bastrop State Park was not available, so my house had to do. It was a lot of fun for me. I hope everyone had a great time.

I'll see about linking a photo of the wreath. And I'll get the shirts sent out soon, I promise.

Doc
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

frodosmiss

Merry Texas Moot, 2018

Post by frodosmiss » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:41 pm

I hate that I had to miss this, as I truly did have every intention of going...the closed I've gotten to doing it...but there is always next time! I was happy to be included via Skype, if only for a while. It was long enough for me to discover just how out of touch I have become with LOTR Lore- not that I was ever as scholarly as others!!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Gandalf

Re: Merry Texas Moot, 2018

Post by Gandalf » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:47 am

Merry Texas!
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.