Question to London residents/frequents (txt)

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Avondster

Question to London residents/frequents (txt)

Post by Avondster » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:32 pm

I'll be visiting your lovely city this weekend, arriving tomorrow (friday) evening at Heathrow. Can anyone tell me what the taxi fares are from there to Wembley? I am really scared to use the tube, and would like to find another way, but all the shuttle services either go only to central London, or to other cities entirely!

Please help.
"I'm a Hobbit, and I know I can't save Middle-Earth. I just want to help my friends. More than anything I wish I could see them again."
- Merry, 'The Return of the King' Extended Edition

idrial_of_lorien

Re: Question to London residents/frequents (txt)

Post by idrial_of_lorien » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:36 am

hmm....

i honestly dont have a clue, but i would imagine it will be quite a lot... :S im not sure, i always use the tube when in london, i only got a taxi once, a few months ago, and that was from Angel to Finchley, it cost about 25 quid.... i dont know how far it is from heathrow to wembley, you should ask Lai he may have a better idea

p.s. welcome :)

Laiquendi

Re: Question to London residents/frequents (txt)

Post by Laiquendi » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 am

You want to get a taxi from Heathrow to Wembley...

It'll be very expensive, in the region of about £40 as you are travelling almost 15 miles. Personally, i would take the Tube but it would be best to do what you feel comfortable with.
Don't blame me for the size of my ego, it's just proportionate to the size of my genius! :grin:

Avondster

Hmm, that's quite a lot of money... (txt)

Post by Avondster » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:49 am

I can't afford that. Drat. Thanks anyway though, ((Lai))!

I really should just get over myself, but I can't help it. And I know that if I take the tube I will be so pent-up with nerves I am likely to bolt at any unexpected noise. Also I'll be on my own, which does not help... :(

I spent an hour and a half last night trying to find a shuttle service, but there simply is none...

Oh well, at least I have the FF and meeting you all to look forward to... See you then, I hope!
"I'm a Hobbit, and I know I can't save Middle-Earth. I just want to help my friends. More than anything I wish I could see them again."
- Merry, 'The Return of the King' Extended Edition

True-Hearted Easterling

Re: Hmm, that's quite a lot of money... (txt)

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:38 am

Take the Tube. Really. You can do it!