Boston Muuseum of Science: Mythical Creatures Exhibit, 3/15

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:41 am

We will be mooting on Sunday afternoon, March 15th in the main lobby of the Museum.

Thanks to Ringer James, we can get discounted tickets for $7, instead of $19, for the entire exhibition hall- in which the Mythical Creatures is included, according the the website. James, will you be joining us? If not, I will need to get a firm headcount from everyone, so I can pick the tickets up from James before next weekend.

If anyone would like to meet for lunch beforehand, I thought it might be fun to hit the downtown Beerworks at North Station (or other nearby restaurant), before walking over to the Museum. :)

Post here, if you are interested in lunch and/or Museum tickets.
---Tamara
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Mythical Creatures - what a great theme for a museum exhibit. I wish I were closer - have a wonderful moot you guys. :-)

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:46 pm

LUCKY YOU!!! Enjoy!!! :hi:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Tamara

Re: Boston Muuseum of Science: Mythical Creatures Exhibit, 3

Post by Tamara » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:46 am

We finally got to the Museum and it was fun to see all of the dragon, mermaid, kracken and other beasties. although their version of the kracken was really close to the watcher in the water, I must say. :)

Small group of 5 made it and I'm afraid we got separated in such a big exhibit, but it was all pretty cool and we went to the Frogs exhibit afterwards, and then on to Boston Beerworks downtown- our old moot haunt.

It was nice to see folks and I hope we can meet again soon.
---Tamara
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

RingFanOne

Post by RingFanOne » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:03 am

Ah....so sorry to have missed this! I've been absent from these boards for too long.

I first experienced the Boston Museum of Science when they hosted the LOTR Exhibition in 2004. My nephew accompanied me, and we both loved it SO much......went back 5 times in 3 days, to take in all of the exhibition of course, but also to see the other exhibits and shows. I had taken out a membership prior to our trip, and I've maintained it now for 5 years.....always in the hope of returning.

I'm so glad some of you were able to go, to enjoy this event and the moot afterwards! I'm sure it was great fun ;)
The road goes ever on and on. . ..

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:10 am

I might have gone once before that, but the LOTR exhibition is what sold me too. I met so many cool Ringers during that run. I just renewed my membership too, so the whole family can go.
---Tamara