Wisconsin and Oregon

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Celedor

Wisconsin and Oregon

Post by Celedor » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 am

I'm going to be signing copies of my new book The Lord of the Films at the Book Cellar in downtown Waterford, Wisconsin (southeastern, WI) on Sunday, October 11 from 10am to 1pm Central. Books will be $15 there, but if you already have one I'll sign it for free. I'll also be giving away free Lord of the Rings bookmarks.

Then in December, the week before Christmas, I'm going to be in Oregon. I'm going to try to get a book signing set up in Portland and Salem, but whatever the case, I'm hoping to see all of you who have congregated in that beautiful area. I'm also looking forward to spending Christmas in a place where 4 degrees Farenheit isn't considered balmy.

Sylvania

Re: Wisconsin and Oregon

Post by Sylvania » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 am

Shame you can't cross over the pond to for a signing here Celedor - I'd love to meet youand get a signed copy. However, I am waiting (impatiently!) for your book to be in the stores over here! Congratulations anyhow! :hi: :yay:
CXXXEP

Celedor

Post by Celedor » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:38 pm

It will be out in England soon. :) And yes, it's too bad I can't do a book signing there. To tell you the truth, I've never been out of the U.S.

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:00 am

I have the book on order!
CXXXEP

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Got your book in the mail today when I got home around 5:30---I just finished it! Great job!! My husband was watching something rather dreary on TV and my random bursts of crazy laughter gained me many odd looks. I was thrilled to see so many pictures in it from another fellow board memeber here. It was neat to re-live the films through your pages, and I'll have your book with me next time I watch the films-with my remote in hand for slow motion. I haven't done your quizes yet, and am having to strongly resist the temptation to look at the answer pages.

Congratulations!!

:read: :stars:
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Celedor

Post by Celedor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks!

Celedor

Post by Celedor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 pm

I've got the book signings all set up.

On Saturday, December 12 I will be at Regency Mall in Racine, Wisconsin (5538 Durand Ave) at "Books For Less" (right by Boston Store) between 11AM and 3PM.

The following Saturday, December 19 I will be in Salem, Oregon at Escape Fiction (3240 Triangle Dr Se) between 1PM and 3PM. All times are local, of course.

If you've already got a copy of my new book, The Lord of the Films, I will sign it for free. Otherwise, you can buy a copy at the signing. (Or two or three? Come one, you can never have enough, right? Christmas is right around the corner!)

The book has been praised by both TheOneRing.net and TheOneRing.com, and is a valuable part of any fan's collection (in my completely unbias opinion):

"The Lord of the Films is one of those cases where the back-cover bumpf is actually true — after reading this book, you’ll go back and watch the trilogy again with a fresh pair of eyes, as if it’s the first time you’re watching it.” - TheOneRing.net

“I, being an obsessive fan of the movie trilogy myself, was exceedingly impressed by this book, which managed to keep me more than just interested. I was glued to every single page of this book as interesting and unknown facts alike surprised me over and over again. . . . This book is a must for every Ringer.” - TheOneRing.com

"Author J.W. Braun, an eminently qualified aficionado of the movies, offers readers a dragon’s lair of information about the creation, production and marketing of the films as well as the cultural zeitgeists surrounding each theatrical release." - Scene Magazine

"I love my cat, she's sitting on my desk watching as I type this. So... besides my darling cat, on my desk I have had the same 3 books forever... you guessed it ... it would have to be J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of The Rings trilogy. Now, I have to make room for a fourth... J. W. Braun's LORD of THE FILMS. What a joy this book is! I find myself referring to it as much as I do the other three... maybe more. Oh, let's be honest here... since I bought it... a LOT more. ( One reason being, that my collection of the LOTR Films is within arms reach, and I watch them on my computer. A lot. Another reason is that J.W. Braun's Lord of The Films is much funnier than the Tolkien, [ sorry, JRR ] and I absolutely LOVE knowing all of the "insider info" that the book is STUFFED with. ) So... in order to make room for J.W. Braun's book... something else has to go. I need my laptop, my books, (like I said) and my task lighting. My in and out baskets, my jar with my pencils and stuff. My teacup. I need the potted plant to hide behind. But something HAS to go to make room for Lord of The Films. ...*sigh*... "How has it come to this ?" ...Things aren't looking too good for the cat. --- Thanks, J.W." - Ringwraith-Wife

Thanks again to everyone who has helped!

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Oh wow, way cool! I've been reading your "Little things" at the scrapbook and it definitely has brought some things to light... and proven that you and I have a similar eye for the particular (though I do have to admit that I don't put my ear up to the speaker with it turned up really loudly just in case I missed something :wink:). I'll definitely take a look at that book! Hopefully we'll be able to make the (pretty short) trip down there!
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." – Thomas Jefferson

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 am

Gee, if it gets too cold for ya up there....you can always try for a trip to the DFW area! (hint hint)

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:13 am

lindorie wrote:Gee, if it gets too cold for ya up there....you can always try for a trip to the DFW area! (hint hint)
I'll second that! Or Austin... Houston... San Antonio... :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:21 am

I ordered my book for my to collect from local store in October. I now (for some reason) have to wait for this month. Still, it will be even more enjoyable once I actually receive this book! :D
CXXXEP

Mathom

Post by Mathom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Why aren't you coming to Seattle? :(

Celedor

Post by Celedor » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 pm

I hope I see some of you in Oregon! I'm preparing to depart as I speak (or type).

By the way, check this out! http://www.buzzine.com/2009/12/the-lord-of-the-films/

Celedor

Post by Celedor » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 pm

I visited Seattle last year for the first time and loved it. Unfortunately, I won't get a chance to stop up there this year. Sorry!