San Diego ComicCon 2010

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Tamara

San Diego ComicCon 2010

Post by Tamara » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am

I actually got a hotel through the website this year AND it was the one I wanted- the Marriott adjacent to the convention center! I stayed there 2 years ago and it was fantastic.

I got a quad, so any ringers who'd be interested in splitting the $297 per night with me, just send me a PM.

Anyone else planning to go, besides Garfeimao and her sister?
---Tamara
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

Lithilien Quicksilver

San Diego ComicCon 2010

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 am

How I wish! I miss the cons... :?
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

Primula

San Diego ComicCon 2010

Post by Primula » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 am

Not this year, but it's a fun experience. Enjoy!

Tamara

Re: San Diego ComicCon 2010

Post by Tamara » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I can't wait. SDCC is the ONLY vacation I promise myself each year, as I've been saving up for NZ since ROTK. Wrapping up the Master's degree this summer (for which NZ was to be my reward), but we'll see how the timing goes. Real life has a tendency to throw financial curves at me.

Keep hoping some Ringers might be ready for a return to Red Carpet tours by the time I do go, plus some extra time in Wellington/Auklund. In the meantime, ComicCon always provides plenty of fun and sun. :)
---Tamara
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:49 pm

I was under the impression that SDCC was sold out...anyway my two new jobs prevent me from having much fun this summer...I'd love to see you, but I don't think its in the cards.

Are we or should I say who is going to the TT at Radio City in October...I've requested off from my weekend job...so if i decide to I will be able to go.
At the last moment he turned back, it was Frodo the darkness and pain were gone...
His healing had begun.

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Just a note that returned passes are on sale at the comic con website and they have recently posted Thursday and Friday's programming. Saturday and Sunday will probably be released over the weekend!
---Tamara

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Looks like all but Sunday passes are gone, but the schedules are up:
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_prog.php

And there are a couple of films with LOTR actors being presented in Hall H Red, Super, Priest), as well as John Noble's Fringe in Ballroom 20.

Not to mention a couple LOTR after parties on Thursday (WETA fans from the Shadow and Flam forum) and Saturday (TORn).

Lots of goodies to enjoy and I'll try to report after wards for those who are missing this year.
---Tamara