ALEP II-There and Back Again!!

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 am

Well the public announcements are out, and the organizers of 2008's splended A Long Expected Party in Kentucky are doing it again!

The dates are set for September 28 to October 2 2011, again at Shaker Village in Kentucky. The website is www.alep2.us for more details.

A fair few of us from here went to the first one, and I know at least 2 of us are going back! I loved every moment of it and can't wait for it to get here again. I hope to see a few others of us there as well!

:confetti: :car: :confetti:
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:47 am

Glad to hear they did well enough that they're willing to try it again - so often events like this have a hard time not ending up in the red, it's great to see it coming back. :-)

TolmanJr

Re: ALEP II-There and Back Again!!

Post by TolmanJr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

You can count this Ranger in again!! Already sent in my deposit and called the Village for my room, I booked the same one as before, in the East Family Dwelling.

Really looking forward to spending time in the Shire again!

For any fan of Tolkien and/or Middle Earth, you MUST attend. But don't hesitate, as of today over 40% of the rooms at Shaker Village have already been reserved.
This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world,
That we may share in the days of peace.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Glad to hear you'll be there!! Wow, 40% already. I knew the response would be quick this time, with all the returning folks, but that's still impressive for a year and a half early! My rooms are booked already too.

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:18 pm

AnnaEstel wrote:. . . My rooms are booked already too.
:poke: "Our" rooms, silly!! :lala:
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Just a quick update, as of 4/8/2010 JP (aka Gandalf) reported that there are now 100 people signed up! And this is only three weeks since the announcement.
As the limit will be how many beds are available in the Village (I believe around 140 - 150), anyone wishing to attend had better hurry.
This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world,

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Wow, 2/3 full already!! Last time it took a few months to fill up that much! What I can't believe is that excited as I already am for this event, it will only grow as it approaches.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:15 pm

One year to go for this event!! I strongly encourage anyone who can make it to go, it was on of the very best experiences of my life!

(begins year long happy dance!!!)

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Some interesting news regarding ALEP 2, there was an online interview Wednesday with five of the ALEP organizers: Bilbo (Tim), Gandalf (JP), Jef Murray, Mark Gunn (musician from the now disbanded Brobdingnagian Bards ) and Dave (who I believe was "Pippin" at ALEP 1).
This was "broadcast" on the Middle-earth Network Radio. (I'm listening to their streaming audio as I type this, ME related music, 24/7)
http://middleearthnetwork.com/#/dunedai ... 4548970989
It will be rebroadcast Friday the 10th at 5am CT and 5pm CT also on Saturday the 11th at 9am CT and 9pm CT. Be sure to listen to the entire program, as Mark performs his Hobbit drinking song at the end!

Tolman

Edit: Times are approximate, be sure to tune in earlier, they started the Friday broadcast at 4:53 am Central Time.

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm

OK, less than two months until ALEP 2!!

Let's get a count on all those attending: AnnaEstel, Ashlyn, And TolmanJr .

What about LadyHawk Baggins? Going again?

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Alas, TolmanJr, but Ladyhawk has informed me that she will not be attending this time (drat, drat & double drat)!! So it looks like it may just be the three of us!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am

Only the three of us? Bummer. Well, my mom is tagging along too so I guess it's four. Ah well, means I can bring two bottles of the Old Winyard each, right? Cant wait to see y'all there, it's so close!

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Ashlyn wrote: (drat, drat & double drat)!!
I'll see your 'double drat' and raise you a drat!

Another who will be sorely missed is agape4rivendell!

AnnaEstel wrote:
"Only the three of us? Bummer. Well, my mom is tagging along too so I guess it's four."

I beg a thousand pardons :oops: , but how could I forget, a good friend will be returning---- Bonnie-Halfelven (we even talked about it recently) and I believe PearlTook will be back also.

I went back to review the old thread about the first ALEP, a couple of others from the boards who supposedly were there or said they were going haven't been seen here for ages.
Where is: RingFanOne, OrangeBlossomTook, Elvellon Ringsbane, and Maura Labingi?

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:52 pm

If it wasn't $350 and in Kentucky, I would totally be there. I've been looking for a Tolkien specific themed convention type thing, but that's a bit too far and a bit too much for me to afford right now.

:cry: I wish I could go!!!
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Alas, the book has not yet sold, so money is still dwindling, which means, I'm going nowhere for the foreseeable future. :cry: I will be thinking of y'all!
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins