Texas Moot Dates Set: July 15-17, 2011

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daughter_of_kings

Re: Texas Moot Dates, 2011

Post by daughter_of_kings » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Ladyhawk Baggins wrote:What Ashlyn said, only make that AZ. I have got to move to Texas or Georgia. :-)
Or at least come back to Moot. We miss you!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:40 pm

OK, so Anna has Breakfast Saturday, and Firiel is bringing home baked bread for Sat. Lunch -- do we have preferences for Lunchmeats/Cheeses etc. y'all might like to go with the Sourdough she is bringing plus wheat here at the house)? We seem to be going for the Pork Friday evening (as even non-attendees are weighing in on it! :grin: ) so that will be good.

Thoughts on Dinner Sat? Other requests? Thoughts, Ideas, or input gladly welcome.

I am working up some Mad-Libs for us to work on...any other challenges you can think up, bring them along!

Oh, and we may have a guest or two who are LOTR fans but not board members, who have heard about the Moot and want to join in the fun...All are welcome. Just keep the headcount current, so I know for how many to prepare.

Dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 pm

daughter_of_kings wrote:
Ladyhawk Baggins wrote:What Ashlyn said, only make that AZ. I have got to move to Texas or Georgia. :-)
Or at least come back to Moot. We miss you!
Awww, thanks DoK! I keep hoping every year will be better, and one of these years it will be. :grin:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 am

So, Dr.G., the question remains... what is the theme for this year? Movies? Books? Music? Games? Shall we entertain ourselves with trivia? Writing contests? Readings? Word games? Treasure Hunt? A wicked jigsaw puzzle?

I have LOTR Risk, and I think Monopoly, if you'd like me to bring them. Also the aforementioned jigsaw puzzle. Also several CDs of Tolkien-inspired music.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 am

Don't you dare do book trivia and me not there!!! Don't even THINK about it!!!!! :shame:
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Hmmm...well, we have LOTR Risk and a puzzle. We have Der Herr der Ringe we could play the German game ... Cards with Frodo on it. And the XBOX LOTR...Games is a good possibility.

I am doing some Mad Libs for us to have fun with. And if someone volunteers to help me with it, we could do some writing challenges (nothing hard) or even try to finish Lord of the Limerick, which has been stuck at the beginning of RotK for a couple of years now...

All of the movies are here as well, including the Hobbit cartoon...I missed TTT in the theater as we were on vacation, so there is a possibility.

To be honest, I thought FOOD was our usual theme... :wink: Lord knows there's always enough of it.

Any suggestions, preferences, ideas ...?

There will be an added feature which is a surprise, but that will have to await your arrival.

Dr.G

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:37 pm

DoctorGamgee wrote:To be honest, I thought FOOD was our usual theme... :wink: Lord knows there's always enough of it.
You mean FOOD isn't always the "main" theme!!!! Not that I'd know anything about there being too much food around!! :grin:
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Ashlyn wrote:
DoctorGamgee wrote:To be honest, I thought FOOD was our usual theme... :wink: Lord knows there's always enough of it.
You mean FOOD isn't always the "main" theme!!!! Not that I'd know anything about there being too much food around!! :grin:
Thank heavens...I thought for a moment I was loosing my ....

Oh, Look! COOKIES!!

Maybe I should just make a big batch of Fondant and we can all do a candy Hobbit Cast... :wink: Or one really wicked looking Smaug.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 pm

It looks very much like I will not make town till after 10 pm. :(
I won't know till Friday. So I will probably not see you all till breakfast. Any specific requests?
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:36 pm

You had said you would bring Eggs and what-not. If you give me a list, I can have them ready (unless you are bringing a local delicacy...). We are easy. Let me know what you will need to have ready (pans, skillets, waffle irons, Griddles and such are already here!).

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 am

There are few enough of us that I should probably step up and volunteer to cook once, but frankly, I'm maxing out my brain cells at work right now, and I can't even think of what I should cook today, much less five or six days from now. I've gotten as far as "it's summer and hot, so something cool would be nice". :oops:

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:05 am

No pressure, DoK. If you want to, then do. If you don't, then don't. I am happy to do a second dinner, or we can eat leftovers from the previous two meals. Never fear, there are hobbits about, you won't go hungry...

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Speaking of food...

OK, so what do y'all want to imbibe, and what samwichy things to go with Firiel's bread?

Our drink stock is basically diet soft drinks, juice, or Gatorade. Diet cranberry Limeade we make. There is usually Milk and Coffee, as well as soy milk and OJ. Any preferences, just let me know what to prepare for, and I will do so.

Samwichy things...Shaved...What? I like it all. Do we have any preferences for meats, cheeses, spreads? Let me know, and I will be happy to comply.

What else am I forgetting? I have always attended them, and thought they were so organic that everybody's planning has left me without a clue of what I am clueless about.

Any suggestions?

Dr.G

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 am

I was thinking of bringing iced tea... mint or cinnamon apple or both.... or plain.

Sammies... whatever, I'm easy that way.

Apparently I have a brain cell this morning, because I remembered a ranch pasta salad recipe that I have. Normally it's just pasta & veggies, but one could add chicken or ham to make it a one-dish meal. If that sounds good, let me know and I'll send you a list of ingredients.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Sounds great! Send me the list and I will have it ready!

Oh, and G-mnor is excited that y'all are comin' to visit. He refers to you as the "Cabin People" ...LOL!!! Starting to get into high gear for the big weekend.

Dr.G