Back again as well

Welcome to our new members! Come join the family.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Maxie

Back again as well

Post by Maxie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 am

Hello, everyone!

I originally became a member back in 2002 and was mostly a silent observer through those years of the LOTR films. It was great to find the old site was resurrected again and retained most of the writings of the fans from those days. I'm very excited about The Hobbit trilogy and am thrilled that my grandsons are old enough to share in my love of all things Tolkien!

It's great to be able to go back and again read the wealth of information provided by the site and the fans, especially the Christmas Carols in the Scrapbook (which I did contribute to all those years ago).

Thank you to those who kept the vigil and made it possible for me and others to be reacquainted with that very enjoyable period!

Maxie
Burnet, TX

frodosmiss

Re: Back again as well

Post by frodosmiss » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Welcome and well met, Maxie! I do hope you'll stick around. Like many others, I haven't been around as much as I used to be (darn facebook!), but this place...these people....they are so dear to me and I treasure the friendships I've made and good times I've had! It is my hope that The Hobbit will bring our friends back home, where we can sit by the virtual fire and chew on Tolkien's sweet treats once more!! :-)
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh another Texas Ringer! Watch the BagEnd thread for our next Texas Moot. It's a yearly event and we always look forward to new faces of old friends. Welcome!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 am

Welcome back! Sit down and stay a while. :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.