Regal cinemas to show LOTR marathon Dec. 8

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Old Toby

Post by Old Toby » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:02 pm

News Flash everyone:

To prepare for the U.S. release of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” on December 14th, Regal Cinemas has announced that they will be presenting a marathon of the “Lord of the Rings” Extended Editions at 293 participating Regal theaters across the United States on Saturday, December 8th. The marathon (with a special introduction by Sir Peter Jackson) will start with The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring” at 11:15 a.m., The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers at 3:30 p.m. and ending with The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at 8:00 p.m.

Regal Crown Club members can enjoy an exclusive offer of $25 for all three movies, which also includes a coupon good for a Lord of the Rings Combo of a medium popcorn and medium drink for only $5. Non-member tickets will be $30.

Tickets for the marathon go on sale at 9 a.m. Wednesday, November 7th
"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." - Harry Dresden

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:07 pm

RATS!! :mouse:

No Regal theaters in my area!!!!! :sad:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

MiddleEarthMunchkin

Re: Regal cinemas to show LOTR marathon Dec. 8

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm

How do you buy tickets?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go, although it's going to kill me not to. I just got approved for two Saturdays off in December for a long vacation - I don't think Boss would want to give me another one off. Argh.

(They're playing the Extended Editions, right? So if it starts at 11:15, it'll end around 2:45pm or so? I really only want to see FotR again.)

GondorsQueen

Post by GondorsQueen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Thank you for posting this wonderful news! I found a theater 45 minutes from me that is playing it and they still have tickets available ... I'm sending out an email tonight to my Ringer pals and see who I can gather to go with me. :D

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 am

I'm going to the Chicago area and going with Lizmybit (for those of you who remember her). Should be fun!

Elvellon Ringsbane

Post by Elvellon Ringsbane » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm

My local AMC is hosting the marathon beginning at 10 am. I am planning to see the first two films. :D

I remember Liz. :hi: True, what part of Chicago will you be in? If not for a last-minute cancellation of travel plans, I would have been in the downtown area for The Hobbit opening day.

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm

We are going to the theater in Crystal Lake. I live about three and a half hours from there, though.

GondorsQueen

Post by GondorsQueen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

I never made it; no one to go with and I wasn't about to go alone.

Did anyone make it? See all three movies?