Harry Potter event

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

AnnaEstel

Harry Potter event

Post by AnnaEstel » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:07 am

I considered putting this in Bag End because it's a gathering but it isn't Tolkien so this is really where it belongs.

Some of you have seen/heard about the ALEP events in the Bag End forum. Several of us have been going to, and greatly enjoying, those events for a while. Unlike other conventions, the high point of them is their immersive style. A whole village turns into the Shire for a few days, and the attendees are often just as involved in putting the thing on as the organizers.

Well, now those same organizers are turning that same village into Hoggstowne Village of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Attendees will be sorted into houses and attend classes. There will be a test at the end over the coursework and a ball as well. And maybe even a Quiddich match! Anyway, I'm going and so is Ashlyn. And I strongly encourage attendance. I already know many of those who will be there and many of the instructors and I'm certain this is going to be an amazing experience!

Classes are September 28-October 2 2016, and you can enroll here:
(web link deleted because it is no longer correct)

Hope to see some of you there!
Last edited by AnnaEstel on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

AnnaEstel

Re: Harry Potter event

Post by AnnaEstel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:39 pm

For what it's worth at this point, it WAS an amazing experience! I was much more structured than the ALEP gatherings. And we did have Quidditch!

The second Hoggstowne gathering is happening this September, though with a change of venue and a bit of reorganization. I encourage anyone interested in Harry Potter to try to go. I'm planning to be there, so perhaps I'll see you there!

Oh, the above URL won't work, it's now https://hoggstowne.org.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!