News and a thanks-giving!

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

jan-u-wine

Post by jan-u-wine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:50 am

Hullo, everyone. It has been forever since I've posted here, though I've lurked, heaven knows. Life's journey has taken me in so many directions that it's been impossible to keep up with everyone and everything that I love. But though my 'voice' has been silent, my heart has not. It's been here, still, with you all.

These boards and many of the folks on them have been instrumental in my life. And so I'd like to share with you that a book of my LOTR-themed poetry will be released tomorrow, July 2.

Back in the bleary days which saw the beginnings of the Scrap-Book, (before the wheel was invented, I believe) Ms. Primula stayed up a goodly portion of an evening, nursing me through sending on a huge mass of poetry, which she lovingly formatted and posted in the scrap-book. These pieces, although altered, make up a good deal of the book, although there is new material there as well.

A deep and heart felt thank you to Prim. She is a jewel amongst hobbits!

I want to thank each of you who shared this journey with me. If you should like a peek at the finished work, you can find it here: https://issuu.com/olorispublishing/docs ... view/1?e=0
"...here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not, 'This is a misfortune,' but 'To bear this worthily is a good fortune.'"

Marcus Aurelius

Ladyhawk Baggins

Re: News and a thanks-giving!

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 pm

It's beautiful!

If I want to purchase the book, to hold in my hands, how do I do it?
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

jan-u-wine

Post by jan-u-wine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 pm

thank you so much, Ladyhawk! To purchase, please use this link:

http://olorisbookshop.com/products/the-road-taken

I do hope that you'll enjoy.

Jan
"...here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not, 'This is a misfortune,' but 'To bear this worthily is a good fortune.'"

Marcus Aurelius

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:18 pm

How wonderful for you....Congratulations! I can only imagine how exciting this is for you! The fact that it caused you to abandon lurking and post again is an added benefit for us all! :big grin: :yay: :stars: :stars:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:47 pm

I pre-ordered a copy! :grin:
I am so very proud of you for doing this, and it's a marvelous thing for even more people out there to have a chance to read your beautiful poems.
:cheer: :sun: :cheer:

jan-u-wine

Post by jan-u-wine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:50 pm

thank you so much, Frodosmiss! I can't guarantee how much I'll be around, but I'll try to be more....visible. If I go silent for a long while, just kick me!

Marcus Aurelius

jan-u-wine

Post by jan-u-wine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:55 pm

thank you so very much, Prim! It's really because of you and others like you that I realized that these pieces had merit. *I* always liked them, loved writing them, but that didn't mean they were good....

And then other folks told me they were. And....it's a funny thing: with that boost, it became easier to write and the writing became better.

I can't say enough about the power of love (or hate!), the power that we all have to boost another human to the next rung on the ladder. And the marvelous thing about that is: we, thereby, gain the benefit of their talent(s).

It's utterly the most beautiful thing ever.

Thank you all so very much for your caring and support all these years. I'm thrilled to be published and I'm thrilled that you all, really, are a part of it

Marcus Aurelius

jan-u-wine

So......this is happening......

Post by jan-u-wine » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:40 am

Good morning (or afternoon or even evening, depending)! I wanted to let you know that John Cockshaw (the illustrator for "The Road, Taken") and I will be interviewed today at noon PST on TORn Book Club. If you go to their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/TORnBookClub/?fref=ts

there will be a link to the live event posted a little before the noonish hour.

hope you can join us!

Marcus Aurelius

daughter_of_kings

So......this is happening......

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:03 am

Congratulations, jan-u-wine!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

jan-u-wine

Re: So......this is happening......

Post by jan-u-wine » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 am

thank you!

Marcus Aurelius