about Lith.......

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

jan-u-wine

about Lith.......

Post by jan-u-wine » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:43 am

Hello to all you fine folks of the board.....

I certainly don't post here much and I do apologize. RL has me very much by the short hairs (they were already *quite* short and length being decreased by life moment by moment, lol!)

I can hope and pray that you are all well (I read with joy and *saw* with joy Strange Elf's triumphant story!).......

and now, to speak on Lith's quest. A little over a year ago, she posted here and told us a little of her story and of her need of help. I had not heard from her recently, and so hoped that her life was, at the worst, simply busy. But that isn't so. Just to make a long story short, there is help needed yet.

Wanting some advice, I wrote to Prim last night, and I just want to quote here her beautiful thoughts: "It's as if we humans all know we love one another and think of one another, so why should we interrupt each other's lives unless we have to? It is enough to be content knowing 'they' are out there somewhere, the security that you feel when you are at one end of a quiet house at night and know someone else is sleeping in another room even if you can't hear them. A 'not alone / not empty' security of far away presence."

Yes, we *do* know that we love one another and think of one another and it is a comfort to realize that those people we've met here, people who have made differences in our lives, are out there in the wide, wide world. And yet, there are times when what is a far-away presence steps directly into the bustle of our world. And this is one of those times.

Other than the fact that Lith needs whatever financial support we can give, the emotional aspect of even a small contribution cannot be downplayed. And, as she stated in her original post in April of 2015, please pray for her. (as a btw, Lith did not ask me to post.....it is my idea to update here and to ask for help for a person who has long been a friend to these boards and to the ME community as a whole)

Please stand with Lith. She has endured much. Here is a link to her Go Fund Me page: https://www.gofundme.com/sy44f3u Thank you for your help, and thank you for your prayers.
"...here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not, 'This is a misfortune,' but 'To bear this worthily is a good fortune.'"

Marcus Aurelius