New Lord of the Rings series to be made

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

New Lord of the Rings series to be made

Post by daisy gold » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:04 am

I have just read on the Tolkien Society facebook page that a new series based on Tolkien’s work may be made. They quote the Variety article for this news.

Warner Bros. Television and the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien are in talks with Amazon Studios to develop a series based on the late author’s “The Lord of the Rings” novels. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is said by sources with knowledge of the situation to be personally involved in the negotiations, which are still in very early stages. No deal has been set.

The article claims that Warner Bros is involved in talks with Amazon to make a series based on Tolkiens novels.

Wow!!!! that would be amazing news.

I wonder will it happen and what exactly it will be based on. I wouldn't mind a tv series based on LotR, something akin to Game of Thrones.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Daisy G
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Lothithil

Re: New Lord of the Rings series to be made

Post by Lothithil » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Hmmm... the Tales of Beren and Luthien. Or, the Adventures of Feanor and His Volitile Children *g*. Great material to choose from!

Strange Elf

Re: New Lord of the Rings series to be made

Post by Strange Elf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:18 pm

I saw the headline but did not read the article. When I read it, it said there was some kind of dispute between two companies, Amazon being one. I will go look for the link.

Here it is:

http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news ... _TV_shows/

There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daisy gold

amazon studies seals the deal

Post by daisy gold » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Well! Amazon has now signed up to create a television series based on Lord of the Rings.They hope to take fans on new epic journies in Middle Earth, explore storylines that took place before the events of Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings.
I wonder if we might be getting a Silmarillion adaptation after all? More likely it will come from the LOTR appendices.
And what I find most surprising is that the Tolkien Estate and Harper Collins are on board for this.

:shock: :? :D
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Wanderer

Re: amazon studies seals the deal

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 pm

daisy gold wrote:And what I find most surprising is that the Tolkien Estate and Harper Collins are on board for this.
I am 100% amazed they agreed to it considering how they said they would never agree to anything ever again!
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:01 am

Hello Wanderer :hi:

I am hoping we here more news soon. It will be interesting to see what this whole deal means. Then we shall have some good old fun on the boards, as in the 'olden days'.

:bunny: :crossed:

Tari

Post by Tari » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:12 am

Oh, please. After what they did to LOTR and the Hobbit I cringe to think of what they would do with a remake. I hope they leave J.R.R.T.'s other writings alone.

(Beside that, no one could replace the original actors.)