Here is an interesting book

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:45 pm

OK, I don't know if anyone even visits here anymore, but I'm going to post in any case.

I came across this book on Amazon today. Its not a Tolkien book, but I think Tolkien would approve, thus I'm adding it tho this forum and the The Kitchen.

I'm going to buy it. The reviews have intrigued me.

Be a Hobbit, Save the Earth: the Guide to Sustainable Shire Living - by Steve Bivans

https://smile.amazon.com/Be-Hobbit-Save ... ll_reviews
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:42 am

Did you get the book Strange Elf? What did you think of it? It is a good topic for our times.

It does sound intriguing. Not a day goes pass when you don't read or hear on tv something about saving our world. Ever since I watched the Blue Planet I have become more aware of just how much plastic is used these days. I am sure Tolkien would be appalled by the state of things today.

I always imagine hobbits making their own shopping baskets and recycling waste food to the compost pile. They managed well without plastics for one. I can remember there was little or no plastic when I was a child. You never heard then of birds or insects you saw in your garden or in the fields and lanes becoming an endangered species. That is what I heard this morning on the radio.

Where are the hobbits or Treebeard and the Ents when you need them? I bet they could give us a few handy tips.
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.