New Year's Resolutions?

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

MiddleEarthMunchkin

New Year's Resolutions?

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm

So does anyone have any goals or resolutions for this year that they'd like to share?

My main goal is fitness - not just weight loss, but overall endurance and strength. I've not been consistent with exercise and I'd like to develop a routine. I'm stilling mulling over what exact goals to aim for, perhaps walking to Mordor by year's end.

A second goal is to get into writing and reading again. I've somewhat burned out in recent years (I think I read 4 new books last year, when previously I'd read up to 80, and parts of several more). I'd like to read more history, science, and nature writing, where before I mostly read fiction. And I want to write - it has always made me happy, and getting published was always on my bucket list, so I want to get back into that more consistently. Hopefully taking a break helped my muse recharge.

Linaewen
Site Admin

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

Post by Linaewen » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm

I have similar goals. Last year, I set a goal to lose weight and I was pretty successful -- but gained it back towards the end of the year due to various reasons. :shock: So I am doing it again this year!

I've also set a goal for writing more consistently, and so far I have done very well at developing that habit! I also have a bunch of books I want to read, plus some that are half read which I want to finish.

Last but not least, I have a goal of decluttering our home. We've inherited a lot of stuff from our parents, plus plenty of our own stuff, so I really want to go through it all and minimize what we own.
"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?...One day, our paths will lead us there." -- Boromir, Lord of Gondor

Celedor

Post by Celedor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Like many, I want to get myself into better shape. More exercise.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 am

I’m trying to loose weight. That’s not necessarily a ‘New Year’s Resolution’, as I’ve been at it since May and done well but have hit a very stubborn plateau. Another ongoing goal is to try to get back to ‘me’. Life’s needs have taken me far from the things that I love to do and it’s seriously messing with my head. I need to make myself more of a priority.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:58 am

Except for Moot and Christmas, I have been doing Keto for about 6 months. Pretty happy with it, and I have lost almost all of the Moot-mas pounds, so that is a step in the right direction.

My house is almost complete and feels like a home. Now, I want to plant some trees, shrubs and other growing things to make it feel like my place. I lost a great back yard, and need to do some planning to get what I can out of the one I have.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!