Sean Astin does have a memory after all...

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Overlithe64

Sean Astin does have a memory after all...

Post by Overlithe64 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:50 pm

For those of you who don't know..Ive been on a quest. Not a noble one rather a self serving one...lol. Yes I know what your thinking Overlithe, self serving...ha never(best sarcastic voice)...Anyway I met Sean at Comic Con after TT . It was a chance meeting I stumbled blindly into the Backstage area mournig missing Elijah and dom on the gaming floor. Anyway SEan happened by and with assistance of a bystaner I ended up walking down the hall with him telling him about The NYC Premier of TT, where we stood in the snow forever and never got to meet any of them...yada yada, sorry for the back story, consider it a prologue. I met and talked to Sean at least 3 more times at Comic con and each time he remembered me. I was impressed, but he warned me that if he saw me in NZ he'd most likely not remember me...no surprise there.

Of course in NZ I had to try and true to his word he did not remember me, not with any amount of prompting. Christine atests that his memory is awful. Sooooo when I went to a book signing last Nov and gave him a photo, wallet sized and gave him the assignment of remembering me at ORC. Which he did..he did not have the photo with him but he recalled my face almost instantly....

OK so we are up to date...As I sat in the restuarant at the hotel for elf, I was clued into the fact that Sean had arrived and was in the bar. So....being the crazed stalker that I am....(harmless really) :shock: I excused myself and quietly walked into the bar and walked right up to him...I won't go into the gory details I'll save that for the drool board..lol. But Sean started asking me about work ect then asked me to remind him of my name at which point I did and then said Sean you don't really remember me...and he said..Yes I do..you are the frozen fan from NYC. I added, And I am also the fan who's photo you had in your wallet...and he says..he still has it somewhere. he also mentioned how he wondered why Christine had never asked about it. I had to tell him it was because I told her about it at the book signing can't be breaking up such a lovely couple over a stupid memory aid...anyway, I was astounded....good god if he calls me by name next time I may faint jsut out of sheer surprise. But finally I know for sure..Sean Astin knows who I am and He does not run away when he sees me. :P :wink: :yay:

by the way he says the girls and Chris are all doing beautifully and when asked about the baby he held his hands out infront of him like cradleing her in his hands and said, "shes perfect"
At the last moment he turned back, it was Frodo the darkness and pain were gone...
His healing had begun.

Silmaryan

Re: Sean Astin does have a memory after all...

Post by Silmaryan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:58 pm

That's great Overlithe, I hadn't heard the story. I am so glad for you ;-)
I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things.

Tiger-lily

Post by Tiger-lily » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:28 am

I'm impressed!!! How cool!!

YEAH FOR YOU AND SEAN.... :yay: :yay: :yay:
"T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor I met a girl so fair. But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her,her,her.....yeah!" :twisted:

Baggins-Under-The-Hill
Location: Middle Earth, The West Farthing, The Shire, Hobbiton, Bag Shot Row, Bag End

Post by Baggins-Under-The-Hill » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:52 am

That's absolutely awesome Overlithe!! I came to the bar about 1 hour after he left and heard all about how he had been there! I was so jealous! It's great that he remembers you! I always wondered if the stars really ever remember anybody that they meet at these things. I know they meet a million people a day. Who could keep up, you know!
BTW it was great to meet you at ELF and I hope to be at more CON's in the future!

Baggins :wink:
It's a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door.
You step onto the road and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Gavanna

woo-hoo! I remember the incident at the book signing! (tx)

Post by Gavanna » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:11 pm

So the saga continues! Good for you O! :yay:

Gavanna

Mathom

Post by Mathom » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:17 pm

That's really cool! You sure are persistent! :lol:

Overlithe64

Re: woo-hoo! I remember the incident at the book signing! (t

Post by Overlithe64 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:49 pm

Gavanna wrote:So the saga continues! Good for you O! :yay:

Gavanna
LOL: I suppose it does, continue I mean..Its rather a game, one that Sean has now quite ruined by actually remembering me.

Listen no one could be more surprised than I was when he really did remember me and from the NYC conversation and not the photo, (though I am sure that helped)...Still it is a long jump from vague facial recall in January to actual recall in August...i say "go Sean" ...he says he gave up caffiene perhaps it has helped ...lets just say "stabilize him."

I have no resonable explanation...Except for multiple meetings and bordering on being annoying.... :oops:

and to encourage others...Sean is the most approachable of the four Hobbit players and very easy to chat with, after all one can just ask about the girls and he lights right up. So if you see him don't fear to approach...one at a time mind you... :wink: There were at least 8 other ringers in the bar...I was the only one who walked over to him....

As I thought about it, i really think if he did not want to be bothered he would not have popped into the hotel bar where he knew we were all staying. he was asking for it....hehehe :twisted:
At the last moment he turned back, it was Frodo the darkness and pain were gone...
His healing had begun.

Ashlyn

Re: woo-hoo! I remember the incident at the book signing! (t

Post by Ashlyn » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:57 pm

Overlithe64 wrote: There were at least 8 other ringers in the bar...I was the only one who walked over to him....

As I thought about it, i really think if he did not want to be bothered he would not have popped into the hotel bar where he knew we were all staying. he was asking for it....hehehe :twisted:
Yep, way to bashful to just walk up to him! :faint: :whistle: And, anyway, by the time I say him, he was seated at a table and getting his dinner ... ... ... and I know better than to come between a Hobbit and his food! :wink: But I did do quite a bit of oogling, since I was seated facing him! :roll: :wink: :grin:

But, I agree with Overlithe, that if he hadn't wanted to be approached then he wouldn't have come into the hotel bar and then had dinner in the restaurant.
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

Peredhil

Post by Peredhil » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 pm

Overlithe64 wrote:But finally I know for sure..Sean Astin knows who I am and He does not run away when he sees me. :P :wink: :yay:
How absolutley cool!!! :bow:

Now...how can I get to that point with Viggo? :huh: :heart: :faint: